N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Me too, it's not looking very good at all ATM.

The trade with Dion i can see now, and i think is ok.

But just can't understand the Jokinen trade, and why you would want some guys who have done nothing this season.

But just can't understand the Jokinen trade, and why you would want some guys who have done nothing this season.

It's not even as though it's two young guys and they're building for the future, it was just a really silly trade.

Leafs had an excellent 3-0 win against the Devils yesterday. Phaneuf had a fight less than 7 minutes in, but the best news was a shutout for Giguere on his debut. He's only the 2nd ever Leafs netminder to achieve this, the other being Ed Belfour.

Leafs had an excellent 3-0 win against the Devils yesterday. Phaneuf had a fight less than 7 minutes in, but the best news was a shutout for Giguere on his debut. He's only the 2nd ever Leafs netminder to achieve this, the other being Ed Belfour.

I've been keeping a low profile in here lately! Devils did alright bar the scoreline and one goal seems to kill us. No matter how many shots we throw at goal just now, the other side fire one or two better efforts on target and score. Quality over quantity. Good 3rd period but by then Leafs were happy to maintain the lead and make sure of defence. Very Devils like (on normal form). Parise was kept very quiet after his all action game v Leafs on Friday.

Need to sort this bad run that has swept right through the Atlantic division for some reason. Maybe a more settled team might help as the line-up changes on a frequent basis, even during games.

As for the commentator, the whole thing was like a horse race with little discussion for the most part and some annoying pronunciation of Devils' players Mottau and Pandolfo. Getting grumpy. :angry:

It's not even as though it's two young guys and they're building for the future, it was just a really silly trade.

TBH I'd have rather kept Dion and the Joker.

Fucking madness.

I've been keeping a low profile in here lately! Devils did alright bar the scoreline and one goal seems to kill us. No matter how many shots we throw at goal just now, the other side fire one or two better efforts on target and score. Quality over quantity. Good 3rd period but by then Leafs were happy to maintain the lead and make sure of defence. Very Devils like (on normal form). Parise was kept very quiet after his all action game v Leafs on Friday.

That's been our problem all season. We had one of the highest averages when it came to shots per game, but we had one of the lower scoring totals. There was a game against the Islanders which we lost, and scored just once in 62 shots. Hasn't helped that we've been playing a rookie netminder, and switching the position about all the time with Toskala, who wasn't good enough on a regular basis. That's why the move for Giguere was an excellent trade, and he has valuable experience he can pass onto Jonas Gustavsson.

I quite liked Jokinen's quote when he left Calgary, along the lines of 'when you're getting paid $5million a year, 11 goals isn't going to cut it' and basically saying he wasn't good enough. That said, I just don't understand this trade at all, seriously bizarre.

At least he tells the truth...

F*** me. 3-1 down to Leafs and won 4-3. Where the hell did that come from? Been sitting feeling miserable watching another poor show from Devils then bang, bang, bang. One with 3 mins to go and two in the last minute. A much needed win and it showed with the players celebrations at the end.

Like the look of Kovalchuk. Moved well and looked dangerous and should add much needed options to our power play.

Didn't realise we'd traded with Atlanta until I tuned into the game. Was hoping for something to happen to shake things up. Sorry to see rookie Bergfors going as he got off to a great start and always seemed to score v Penguins.

I'm surprised we didn't trade Kipper too.

Anyhoo, a comfortable 2-1 win against the Panthers in the Sunshine State.

Kotalik scored!!

Hopefully it's the sign of his Rangers form going out the window.