N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Islanders might just make the play-offs if they have the staying power. Might be Devils v Islanders play-off but getting ahead of myself.

Devils bounced back from the 4-2 defeat to win comfortably 4-1. A rare win v Flyers. Cheap goal conceded by Brodeur. Should've been the record. Elias picking up some points now and scored a couple of good goals.

We have a chance, but its too early to say, the Canadiens coming up next week who currently occupy the last play-off spot.

The Leafs defeated the Sens 3-2 last night. That's six wins from eight in Decemeber, our only defeat being handed out by Boston on two occasions.

We've had an amazing turnaround. It wasn't that long ago we were well adrift of everyone else in the League. Now we are only two points off the playoffs, and 11 points clear of Carolina. Eastern Conference is really tight at the moment, 8th-14th is separated by just two points. So it will be very competitive, but I have to say well done to the Leafs who now have a chance of qualifying, when it looked all bleak just a month ago.

Mon the Islanders! Get into those Rags again. :D

Watched a really poor game last night v Canadiens. Fluke equaliser in 1st period for Devils and a late winner for 2-1. Their goal was short-handed and our pp was awful for the most part. I'll take it though.

Penguins make it six shootout wins last night against Buffalo. A win against the NJ Devils on Monday would take them top of the conference.

Good times indeed.

Hopefully Devils can repeat the wins of the previous two visits to the Mellon this season. Would be some going if they did. Brodeur not on great form though and left the game after one period last night. Danis did well enough only conceding 1 in a 5-4 win. 4th line grabbing some important goals too while Parise loses his scoring touch.

Been watching bits and pieces of the Pens during some Devils breaks and Fleury has been very important to them lately. Gks could be the telling factor.

Needless to say I'm enjoying the match tonight. 4-0 as I type. Really couldn't see them doing this to Pens three time running. The horrible Stall injury should have been a spark for Pens at 0-2 but Devils just stepped it up.

Good to see the opposition keeper getting the hook after Brodeur got pulled the other night.

Edit - Watched the last period as well. Ended 4-0 and the shut-out that Brodeur threatened in the previous wins at Pens was achieved. Good reaction from the Pens fans towards Brodeur.

Cracking performance from Devils who've really surprised me this season. Three games at Penguins all won and three games at Caps all won. Good stuff.

Good to see Staal made it back on the ice after being hit in the face with the puck and blood flowing. Broken nose they said I think.

Horrible commentary from Pens guys but eventually realised Devils deserved it and had some more favourable comments to make that didn't include the word 'trapping'. :rolleyes:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/The-...-Better/1/25055

Edited by RWB

Good win for the Sharks last night in Dallas in first part of a back to back road trip. Play the Blackhawks tonight which is 1st v 2nd in Western Conference. Sadly not live on Espn due to College football although there is delayed transmission later.

Edited by Jute