N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Right, I just seen highlights of his behaviour again last night.

You're opinion on the guy seems to be very accurate. :huh:

I'ts pretty much everyone's opinion of him.

Anyway, I'm bricking it. 3-2 up going into game six in Philly.

Surely we can't mess this up.

Stunned. Another late defeat that didn't seem to be on. Credit 'Canes for pushing at 2-3 down with just over a minute to go but Brodeur let in a couple of bad ones tonight.

Time for the sig to go. :(

Some great game sevens tonight. Eric Staal is a stud. Marty Brodeur again proves he is over rated and an old arrogant p***k.

Ive gotta say that I am impressed with Anaheim going into the next round. Think the series with Detroit will be a beauty.

Are any of you all following the world championships right now?

Wrong, Sean Avery is a c**t.

Best player on the ice tonight. For either team. Avery is a national treasure.

Some great game sevens tonight. Eric Staal is a stud. Marty Brodeur again proves he is over rated and an old arrogant p***k.

Ive gotta say that I am impressed with Anaheim going into the next round. Think the series with Detroit will be a beauty.

Are any of you all following the world championships right now?

Best player on the ice tonight. For either team. Avery is a national treasure.

You're deluded

Sharks vs Ducks

Red Wings vs Blue Jackets

Canucks vs Blues

Blackhawks vs Flames

Bruins vs Canadiens

Capitals vs Rangers

Devils vs Hurricanes

Penguins vs Flyers

This will happen, no doubt. :P

5/8, not too bad. B) So onto the next round we go:

Detroit vs Anaheim

Vancouver vs Chicago

Boston vs Carolina

Washington vs Pittsburgh

Your turn.

Edited by Zanetti

You're deluded

Deluded in what way?

Ducks v. Redwings

Canucks v Chicago

Capitals v Penguins

Bruins v Hurricanes

Penguins and Capitals will also be a good series. Crosby and the troll going head to head should be intriguing. Might be a bit insane thinking the Ducks can upset detroit, but if there is a team that can do it I would say it is anaheim. Outside of Luongo the Canucks are a pretty average team. I hope chicago can win, but I am pretty unsure with this series as well. Boston should beat Carolina, but then again New Jersey probably should have as well. I am pretty excited about all these series, as they should all be quite good.

DETROIT v Anaheim

VANCOUVER v Chicago

Capitals v PENGUINS

BRUINS v Canes

I don't know why I did it like that.

Anyway, I got 4/4 in the West, lack of knowledge of the East perhaps cost me, 1/4 was pretty unfortunate though given how close my call on Rangers to upset Caps was.

I also have an advantage in that I know the Canucks won Game 1 :D but I would have called them anyway since I have to.

Dean aren't you a Maple Leaf? Where's the Canadian spirit backing the Canucks and Mats? You're right though, apart from Luongo all we have is two 80+ points guys, the greatest player in Maple Leafs history and a Selke nominee on offense. Defensively we are lacking a star man, but certainly have strength in depth.

Penguins and Capitals will also be a good series. Crosby and the troll going head to head should be intriguing. Might be a bit insane thinking the Ducks can upset detroit, but if there is a team that can do it I would say it is anaheim.

The prospect of putting out my two least favourite teams in the first two rounds is a tremendous one - we must beat Washington!

And I agree about Anaheim. They managed to do it against the Sharks, so what's to say they can't do it again? *cue Detroit 4-0 sweep*

Dean aren't you a Maple Leaf? Where's the Canadian spirit backing the Canucks and Mats? You're right though, apart from Luongo all we have is two 80+ points guys, the greatest player in Maple Leafs history and a Selke nominee on offense. Defensively we are lacking a star man, but certainly have strength in depth.

Canadian spirit? Everyone hates Toronto, and in turn we hate everyone else (although not as much). As far as Im concerned the rest of this country rides on Toronto's coat-tails and yet they still feel the need to hate the 'big city'.

But in all seriousness I dislike all Canadian teams outside of Toronto, and the Alberta teams for some reason. Vancouver I was always indifferent to, but their fans were dicks at the first game Sundin played back in Toronto. Some guy tried to say the Canucks were better because they made the stanley cup final in the mid 90's, forgetting the leafs have won about 12 more cups than Vancouver. Although our drought goes to 67, their's goes back to prior to ww1. There is generally a good bit of friendly banter between the canadian teams, and every spring there is a divide between those who think we should cheer for the Canadian team, and those who dont. Fact is that most Canadian teams dont even have that many Canadian players. I would rather a great canadian player like Crosby or even Jonathan Toews lift the cup than Vancouver. With that said, I would take the Canucks over ottawa or montreal.

Mats was always a divisive figure in Toronto. He was a constant let down in clutch games until his last few years in Toronto. Admittedly he was very good in some of the playoff runs, but was always overshadowed by other vets such as Roberts and Nieuwendyk. Many people were and are opposed to a european captain. Most wished he would have waived his no trade clause along with Kaberle. Did you know we could have traded Kaberle for Jeff Carter if Kaberle had waived the clause? I actually just noticed you claimed he was the greatest player in leafs history???????? That is next to blasphemy. Are you forgetting legends such as Dave Keon, Frank Mahovlich, Darryl Sittler, Tim Horton, Johnny Bower etc. The list is endless of players far superior to Sundin. Sundin was a point a game player on a team that was quite good until the last few years of his time here. Those are good numbers, but not the best in leafs history. Ultimately how many cups did he lead toronto to? Zero; making him one of the best leafs to not win a cup, along with Sittler, Gilmour, Wendy, Salming, and probably a few others.

This post is getting long winded, but I will say that Vancouver looked impressive at times last night. The collapse in the third doesnt say much about the game as a whole. Should be a good series.

Still waiting for Brightside to tell me how I am deluded.

Deluded in what way?

Ducks v. Redwings

Canucks v Chicago

Capitals v Penguins

Bruins v Hurricanes

Penguins and Capitals will also be a good series. Crosby and the troll going head to head should be intriguing. Might be a bit insane thinking the Ducks can upset detroit, but if there is a team that can do it I would say it is anaheim. Outside of Luongo the Canucks are a pretty average team. I hope chicago can win, but I am pretty unsure with this series as well. Boston should beat Carolina, but then again New Jersey probably should have as well. I am pretty excited about all these series, as they should all be quite good.

You think c**t Avery is a national treasure :huh:

And Brodeur its arrogant and over-rated?