N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Second NW title in three years, splendid stuff, and we can't face the Ducks which I'm rather chuffed about, would rather play CBJ than St Louis in Round 1 just because of the run St Louis are on but I think the Blues will be desperate to avoid the Sharks and overcome the Avs tonight to sneak into 6th. Flames will lose to Chicago.

Second NW title in three years, splendid stuff, and we can't face the Ducks which I'm rather chuffed about, would rather play CBJ than St Louis in Round 1 just because of the run St Louis are on but I think the Blues will be desperate to avoid the Sharks and overcome the Avs tonight to sneak into 6th. Flames will lose to Chicago.

Canucks will lose to CBJ!

Predictions time chaps

Sharks v DUCKS

WINGS v Blue Jackets

CANUCKS v Blues

HAWKS v Flames

BRUINS v Habs

Caps v RANGERS

DEVILS v Canes

Pens v PHILLIES

The last is the hardest to call of the lot, best potential for a classic I reckon although the Bruins v Habs rematch should be good, and I seriously pray I'm wrong in the Caps v Rangers one, but that is the most likely upset in the East I reckon.

Anaheim is my upset in the West just because there is no way I'm making it the Canucks. <_<

Sharks vs Ducks

Red Wings vs Blue Jackets

Canucks vs Blues

Blackhawks vs Flames

Bruins vs Canadiens

Capitals vs Rangers

Devils vs Hurricanes

Penguins vs Flyers

Top 3 from the west should have no problems. I expect CHI and CGY to be a close series, but the Flames are tougher and more experienced, and should edge it.

I hope to f**k that the Bruins sweep the frogs, but it would be just my luck for mount royal to go on a playoff run here.

Flyers v Penguins will be an awesome series.

Not shaving is itchy. And my jersey is pretty much not coming off. Wear it, febreeze it, wear it.

Shouldn't be too hard for the Anaheim players.

The fish will flop again. ;)

The Ducks did dominate the last two games and are absolutely flying right now. I think San Jose is actually the perfect opponent for Anaheim right now with the last two results and the fact that all of the pressure is on San Jose. It'll be a good series regardless, though. FREAKING GO DUCKS YES LETS DO THIS.

Anaheim vs San Jose

Detroit vs Columbus

Vancouver vs St. Louis

Chicago vs Calgary

Boston vs Montreal

Washington vs New York

New Jersey vs Carolina

Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia