N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Canucks have overtaken the bombing Hawks and are 4th in the West! Win our game in hand and we'll be one point behind the Flames for the division, happy days. Although if the playoffs were to start tomorrow I'd rather be in 4th and play the Hawks than the Blue Jackets. Still the best form team in the NHL over the last 10 too.

Canucks have overtaken the bombing Hawks and are 4th in the West! Win our game in hand and we'll be one point behind the Flames for the division, happy days. Although if the playoffs were to start tomorrow I'd rather be in 4th and play the Hawks than the Blue Jackets. Still the best form team in the NHL over the last 10 too.

What? No way. Blue Jackets are going to be HUGE underdogs if they get in the playoffs. Rookie goaltender? I'd be very impressed if he tears it up in the playoffs like he has done in the regular season.

Toronto/Montreal and Vancouver/Phoenix in HD tonight. Cool.

Dallas is down two against San Jose right now very late in the third. That's probably good for the Ducks, who with Dallas' loss would be three points out of Nashville in 8th with a game in hand. I'd rather see the Ducks get Detroit than San Jose in the playoffs...

Whats going on with the Blackhawks?

5 defeats on the bounce. Bit worrying dip in form at the business end of season.

Horrible timing. I thought they had a great chance of doing well in the playoffs, but I can't see it now.

NHL CenterIce is now available in Europe with ESPN360, £30 for all the playoff games and the rest of the regular season too, I would purchase this in an instant if it wasn't for the fact I have my uni finals coming up, but well worth a look for others if you didn't already know about it. Just with atdhe getting less reliable and stuff.

Edit: Jesus. Look at the old lady in the right of the photo. No way she lived through all three periods.

Marty Turco gets what was coming to him. Canucks 5 Stars 2.

Oh god times a thousand. Turco is such a... Yeah. You know.

"Oh wow! The net came off again behind Turco while the puck was close to going in. How does this keep happening?!"

Ugh. Somehow just thinking about Turco can almost spoil my evening. But Ducks 7 to 2 over the Avs is pretty tasty. Biggest game of the season is this Friday folks. If you want a preview of some playoff hockey, that's the game to watch. Ducks are in 8th and a point behind Edmonton, who are in 7th with a game in hand (they'll play Phoenix tomorrow). It was already a rivalry due to the Lowe/Burke war last season, the Pronger trade, etc etc. It's going to be an awesome game.

Also, Gerber losing his shit on the ice was hilarious. And listening to Leaf fans defending it, and then their commentators calling Cujo's relief performance "a miracle one" is a reminder of why I hate that damn team.

Edited by kyle*

Lad at work signed up to ESPN360 a few weeks ago. He gave me his login details and it worked so we split the £12 monthly cost!

Sadly the Devils have been awful lately. Last season all over again as we head for the play-offs. Needs sorted NOW!

Penguins are next up to show us how to play before smashing a pile of goals in. :angry:

How is ESPN 360? Thinking of getting the playoff pass but I can't really afford to spend that much time staying up. What's it like for highlight packages compared to what is available for free anyway?

Anyway, guess who is now top of the Northwest Division? :D Still a while to go but with Flames at home and having come out our road trip 4-2 I fancy our chances to hold onto it. We're 4th in the tsn power rankings and 6th with ESPN, feeling pretty good about this.

Believe.

How is ESPN 360? Thinking of getting the playoff pass but I can't really afford to spend that much time staying up. What's it like for highlight packages compared to what is available for free anyway?

You get full screen near TV quality. Exact same high quality feeds that Atdhe.net were streaming for while.

You can currently watch full matches going back to mid February in the archive. Back to a time when the Devils were winning. If you get one or two people to share the cost (and a login) then it's worth it. If you launch the player you might have access to their highlights anyway if that's all you need.

Anyway, as prediceted the Devils are conceding easy goals v Pens (1-3). Devils should have scored a couple more I suppose but game over after 1st as far as I'm concerned. Can't see them beating anyone in the first round of the play-offs either. The light relief from all things Clyde is rapidly going downhill as well!