N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

They are tanking the season in the race for John Tavares and having a full scale rebuild, or at least that is their intention. Draft picks is what they're after.

They better be praying he isn't another Steve Stamkos then. :P

Alright, that's maybe unfair, but he's hardly set the NHL on fire.

They better be praying he isn't another Steve Stamkos then. :P

Alright, that's maybe unfair, but he's hardly set the NHL on fire.

Stamkos isn't a bust yet. He is way too young and undersized for the NHL. The ridiculous hype that surrounded him forced him onto the ice in Tampa Bay. Even though Melrose is a egotistical mental case, he had the right idea with Stamkos by giving him fourth line minutes because Tampa Bay HAD to have him on the roster for some reason.

Tavares has broken all of Gretzky's junior scoring records, he'll be better than Crosby.

Wait... What? OHL?

Bob Murray did a fantastic job with the Ducks over the trade deadline. We shed a lot of cap room, players who weren't going to resign here, and are younger and faster now. And by keeping Pronger, we at least have a small chance at the playoffs this year. Even though we would not be favoured as cup contenders, it would give a lot of experience to our younger players.

Tomorrow's game with the Stars is going to rock. Tons of new faces in Anaheim.

Bobby Ryan will be wearing the #9. An important number that most fans here spit at because of a certain someone and their betrayal of Anaheim. Hopefully Ryan creates a better history wearing it. Can't wait.

Beat San Jose at the weekend, significant given we've not beaten them in 2 years but I'm not going to read too much into it given the Sharks' absentees and recent form. Still, if Calgary and Chicago can keep up with results like last night we might just have a shot at improving upon our 5th in the West, best form team in the West and 2nd only to the Pens in the NHL over the last 10.

Go Canucks Go! B)

Yay. The Sharks, or more to the point, Nabakov, beat the Ducks by one goal to zip. Moen scores again, looks like a decent pick up. Shelley and that guy with the moustache had a dull fight again.

Excuse me?

You better respect the stache.

6a00d8341c630a53ef010536f92a8c970b-800wi544.jpg

:lol:

Also, Moen is a defensive forward. His six goals this year is almost his cap. And that goal was a lucky bounce. His most valuable asset is that he always fought really hard for pucks and doesn't back down against anyone. He recently lost that a bit, but maybe the trade (or playing for a proper fucking team :rolleyes: ) will awaken his spirit. Huskins, though... Pretty useless. :lol: (He has good speed and can take the puck into the offensive zone well, and he also has a hell of a shot)

It was so Nabakov last night. Ducks were inches away about five times in the third. Verrrrrrrryyyyyyy frustrating to watch. One of those games that my head was just killing me afterwards, because they hadn't really played that bad. I know San Jose are the better team, but I think we could have at the very least pulled a point from that game.

No one is a freaking scoring threat right now. And I hate our coach. <_<

So Kyle, you were right when you said Pittsburgh got the better of the Kunitz - Whitney trade it seems, hat trick last night (okay, one of the goals was taken off him and he insists he didn't deserve it...) and in all honesty he has just been ridiculously good.

Edited by Zanetti

So Kyle, you were right when you said Pittsburgh got the better of the Kunitz - Whitney trade it seems, hat trick last night (okay, one of the goals was taken off him and he insists he didn't deserve it...) and in all honesty he has just been ridiculously good.

Shocking. :rolleyes:

Chris Kunitz puts up 12 points in 10 games under a system on play that actually works in today's NHL.

Ugh. Winds me the f**k up. Carlyle is absolutely senile.

I still hope Whitney becomes an elite NHL defenseman, though. While Kunitz is thriving right now, he is very streaky, and getting a point per game out of him is pretty much his peak. I haven't seen him play for Pittsburgh, though.

At home for the game tonight. Absolutely exhausted, too. Ducks should put me to sleep by the second. :rolleyes:

Edit: Nevermind. Bloody great game. :lol:

Edited by kyle*