N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

ATDHE links have been pulled. Cease and desist order. :(

Mother Pucker

HF Boards Some alternatives in that thread.

I am going to cry. MyP2P.eu pulled all their NHL links too.

Fuck right off. There's actually no other way to watch games other than on these websites, since Centreice Online isn't even available here.

Edited by Zanetti

I am going to cry. MyP2P.eu pulled all their NHL links too.

Fuck right off. There's actually no other way to watch games other than on these websites, since Centreice Online isn't even available here.

https://europe.espn360.com/sport/NHL.aspx is one option but I've read of problems and lack of working streams. Not good if you pay up front. Anyone else used it?

Anyway, Devils have just gone 2-0 up against Avalanche. Brodeur back in goal. Listening to WFAN for Devils commentary.

Boston 6 : 0 Anaheim

Woo...

Also, Zanetti: Pens definitely got the better out of the Whitney/Kunitz trade. Kunitz is a great hitter, will always work his ass off, and could eclipse 60 points on a top line in Pittsburgh. Throw on top of that the 3rd highest rated prospect per TSN, and I have no idea why this trade was made.

But with Whitney now on the roster, and recent team performance, I'd imagine Pronger is next to go.

Oh, and for those looking for streams...

http://watchlivenhl.blogspot.com/2008/11/l...hl-matches.html

Just get sopcast if you're running Windows.

Edited by kyle*

5-4 win against Chicago last night, I'm absolutely delighted.

Kyle, Kunitz got a goal and an assist last night, I'm thinking you might have been right on what you said about the trade. He seems to be settled already in Pittsburgh.

Every game is huge now until the end of the season...

Kyle, Kunitz got a goal and an assist last night, I'm thinking you might have been right on what you said about the trade. He seems to be settled already in Pittsburgh.

Your mob done us a favour there. Cheers ;)

Flames beat the Wild 4-1 last night. :)

Ha, I just popped on to say Whitney is looking really good as a Duck.

The thing that the trade really hinges on is what Tangradi ends up being. If he ends up an All-Star, and Whitney doesn't become an elite defenseman, I'll say we got the bad side of the deal. It sucks to see Kunitz leave, he was here for five or so years and was really popular in the stands, but I think Whitney might be a good return.

Beat the Stars today not only in terms of goals but fights, too. Ott was cross-checking the hell out of Scotty at the end and then had the life pounded out of him by Moen. Ott had a broken hand or something like that, but if he can't fight, he shouldn't be doing stupid things like that.

To make it doubly delicious, he received a penalty for "intent to injure," which will likely result in a one-game suspension and a fine. And he had a bloody face. :lol: He's been a pest to Anaheim for a couple of seasons now, but Brown and Brookbank handled him very well today.

Big win. Keeps Anaheim in the playoff hunt.

Nashville 8 : 0 Detroit

Oh today was pretty hilarious.

Edit: Ott did get suspended. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What an idiot. If you can't fight, don't start something. He gets beat down and suspended. Oh this is so awesome.

Edited by kyle*

Florida, Buffalo and Carolina all lost yesterday. If we beat Dallas today, we're back in the playoff positions! Woohoo! :D

I can't wait for this game today now!

Oh, and 8-0 Nashville? Whaaaaat!? That's crazy. I had a wee chuckle, I have to say...

Edited by Zanetti

Ott has been suspended indefinitely by the NHL.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269338&lid...os=secStory_nhl

Turns out he eye-gouged Moen in the fight. Nice. Here is a video of the fight and what led up to it. Notice the cross-checks to Niedermayer, even as the buzzer goes.

You guys don't know how awesome this is to me. It's like surprise birthday cake.

Stars fans are looking like absolute idiots right now. Even their golden boy Modano admitted Ott had it coming.

Trade deadline day, 1 and a half hours to go, surely this should be higher up the board?

Anyway, Jokinen has just gone to Calgary for Lombardi, Prust and a 1st rounder. Can't say I know much about what they're losing but Calgary are looking pretty strong for making a serious Cup push this year. Also will presumably end Jokinen's record run of 780 games so far without a playoff appearance. Nasty.

Canucks continue to look good with a couple of home wins, trying to trump the Flames with a move for Bouwmeester but I'm not sure who we're going to throw the other way unless Gillis goes back on his word and asks Ohlund to waive his NTC. Interesting.

Antropov to Rangers for a second round draft pick and conditional draft pick.

That is a rubbish trade on Toronto's part. :huh:

They are tanking the season in the race for John Tavares and having a full scale rebuild, or at least that is their intention. Draft picks is what they're after.

San Jose got Travis Moen and Kent Huskins from Anaheim in return for two no-mark prospects. I've never heard of either.

Edited to add; I should really have looked a few posts up. Welcome to San Jose, Travis!

Edited by Jim Pansy