N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Did you go to sleep before the end or something? :P

A really good game last night, some of the best goaltending I've ever seen from both, Kiprusoff made possibly the best save I've ever seen although Wellwood shouldn't have given him a chance. We've bounced back in style, the players are talking about making a run for the Division but I can't quite see it happening. The god in my signature (Ryan Kesler) is having an unbelievable run, 9 goals in 8 for someone who most thought was no better than a third liner.

Taken from sharks.nhl.com, here's the list of penalties from the second period in the Sharks Oilers game the other night - the Sharks won 4-2 for those interested. I'm surprised they got any playing done with all the fouls going on.

02:25 Marc Pouliot : Tripping - 2 min

03:30 Patrick Marleau : Tripping - 2 min

03:51 Marc-Edouard Vlasic : Tripping - 2 min

07:10 Alexei Semenov : Roughing - 2 min

07:10 Jason Strudwick : Roughing - 2 min

07:10 Claude Lemieux : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

07:10 Theo Peckham : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

07:10 Claude Lemieux : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min

10:45 Steve Staios : Roughing - 2 min

11:01 Ethan Moreau : Cross checking - 2 min

11:01 Ryane Clowe : Roughing - 2 min

11:27 Shawn Horcoff : Hi-sticking - 2 min

16:42 Ethan Moreau : Roughing - 2 min

16:42 Ethan Moreau : Roughing - 2 min

16:42 Brad Staubitz : Roughing - 2 min

16:42 Brad Staubitz : Roughing - 2 min

16:47 Alexei Semenov : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

16:47 Zack Stortini : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

Did you go to sleep before the end or something? :P

A really good game last night, some of the best goaltending I've ever seen from both, Kiprusoff made possibly the best save I've ever seen although Wellwood shouldn't have given him a chance. We've bounced back in style, the players are talking about making a run for the Division but I can't quite see it happening. The god in my signature (Ryan Kesler) is having an unbelievable run, 9 goals in 8 for someone who most thought was no better than a third liner.

Nah mate, my internet was only capable of running either the stream for the hockey, or P&B not both <_<

Yeah it was one of the best games I have seen in a while, although I think we should have won.

But am happy with a point TBH.

Yeah Kipper's save was one of the best I have ever seen.

Oh yeah I hate Luongo! Him and his good goaltending! <_<

^^ Saw that game last night. I thought he fanned on it because I couldn't imagine him getting to it on time.

0:23 on the video... Why is it it's always the awkward fans that get on camera? There's a guy that looks JUST LIKE Rod Stewart in Anaheim and they always put him on the "kiss cam" thing and he basically tongue rapes his wife or girlfriend or love slave or whatever.

Always. It's absolutely traumatic. What? Famine in Africa? I'm telling you, you have to see it.

Did you see their game against the Kings? It was awesome!

It was a pretty good game. Would have been better if I were neutral, because it makes me sick seeing LA tie a game with seconds to go.

:lol:

Aye <_<

Yeah, is it ten for the season?

Yeah, he's on 10 now. Good thing he got voted in as a rookie AllStar while Bobby Ryan (~30 points in 30 games at the time) didn't! Go NHL!

FREAKING DUCKS VS KINGS TONIGHT PEOPLE.

This is the game of the season for me. My voice will be gone. My mood will drastically change. Dammit, Ducks this is it. If you can't clamp down and beat your rival then it's over.

Game doesn't start for nine hours but I'm completely hyped up for it already.

Beat LA. Oh my GOD beat LA.

Ugh.

Nothing stings like losing to those c***s. Super stereo-typical Kings fans in attendance tonight. Spike hair or long hair, goatee, LOVES METALLICA, spouts shite about how we're a Disney team, etc etc.

But this sums up the entire season. No effort from the majority of the players, veterans making rookie mistakes, no determination, and the same damn game-plan that doesn't work.

We need a new coach. Desperately.

Ugh.

Nothing stings like losing to those c***s. Super stereo-typical Kings fans in attendance tonight. Spike hair or long hair, goatee, LOVES METALLICA, spouts shite about how we're a Disney team, etc etc.

But this sums up the entire season. No effort from the majority of the players, veterans making rookie mistakes, no determination, and the same damn game-plan that doesn't work.

Oh dear Kyle.

Not talking to anyone?

Great game last night in Pittsburgh, well at least a great 3rd period.

Crosby and Malkin played well together, although that might not come as a surprise, but Bylsma seemed somewhat wary of playing them together too much. They didn't start on the same line, in fact they didn't get on together until the 3rd period I think.

I've said it after our past few wins, and I realise a win against Montreal right now isn't exactly worldbeating, but hopefully now, with the new coach, things will start looking up.

Ugh.

We did them over last night. Think of it as vicarious revenge.

We officially own Canada. Sundin scored the shootout winner in Toronto, couldn't have scripted it any better. Looking pretty decent at the moment, feeling optimistic.

Really couldnt have scripted it any better... but then again it doesnt look good if you need a shootout to beat the leafs. Never been a big Sundin fan, although I thought he looked good on Saturday (for an old man). I think Vancouver could be setting themselves up for a good run here, especially if their lower line guys are clicking well. You never know what a team can do when you have the best goalie in the league in your net, especially in playoffs.

On a more positive note, I met John Tavares on Saturday at the ACC. Hopefully by this time next year I can see him on the ice at leaf games, instead of in the club section pisser...

Really couldnt have scripted it any better... but then again it doesnt look good if you need a shootout to beat the leafs. Never been a big Sundin fan, although I thought he looked good on Saturday (for an old man). I think Vancouver could be setting themselves up for a good run here, especially if their lower line guys are clicking well. You never know what a team can do when you have the best goalie in the league in your net, especially in playoffs.

On a more positive note, I met John Tavares on Saturday at the ACC. Hopefully by this time next year I can see him on the ice at leaf games, instead of in the club section pisser...

Hopefully big Roberto will get a wee injury that'll keep him out. :):P B)