N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Every time I've looked into buying Leafs tickets this season, the minimum price has been around $120 each and that's for a standing ticket. Luckily my fiancee's sister's boss won three tickets for the game last night and for some unknown reason decided to give them away.  Kapanen was outstanding, as was Matthews, I worried a little when I saw Sparks was in net but he had a great game. Good game, great seats, rip off beer prices. (Walter Gretzky sitting two rows in front in the red jacket)

Leafs.jpg

Walt.jpg

Edited by Torpar

5 hours ago, Torpar said:

Every time I've looked into buying Leafs tickets this season, the minimum price has been around $120 each and that's for a standing ticket. Luckily my fiancee's sister's boss won three tickets for the game last night and for some unknown reason decided to give them away.  Kapanen was outstanding, as was Matthews, I worried a little when I saw Sparks was in net but he had a great game. Good game, great seats, rip off beer prices. (Walter Gretzky sitting two rows in front in the red jacket)

Leafs.jpg

Walt.jpg

I've heard the Leafs are the Arsenal of the NHL in terms of ticket prices. How much was your beer? I'm heading to see the Flames play Boston tomorrow and the Saddledome does a $5 happy hour before the start of the game ($9-10 usually). 

Quality seats btw! 

1 hour ago, Leggy Blonde said:

I've heard the Leafs are the Arsenal of the NHL in terms of ticket prices. How much was your beer? I'm heading to see the Flames play Boston tomorrow and the Saddledome does a $5 happy hour before the start of the game ($9-10 usually). 

Quality seats btw! 

Occasionally the Marlies will have $5 beer nights, this is for small beers, the vendor once run out of small cups so said he couldn't sell me a $5 beer, we agreed he could just fill a large cup half way instead! A large (28 oz) Canadian I believe cost me $16.25. For ticket prices Toronto and The Rangers are on a different planet. I've been to games in Buffalo and Tampa and the tickets and beer were nowhere near as expensive, I can't remember how it was in Montreal but again it wasn't as silly as Toronto. All the MLSE teams (Marlies, Raptors, TFC) are the same for prices

16 hours ago, Torpar said:

Occasionally the Marlies will have $5 beer nights, this is for small beers, the vendor once run out of small cups so said he couldn't sell me a $5 beer, we agreed he could just fill a large cup half way instead! A large (28 oz) Canadian I believe cost me $16.25. For ticket prices Toronto and The Rangers are on a different planet. I've been to games in Buffalo and Tampa and the tickets and beer were nowhere near as expensive, I can't remember how it was in Montreal but again it wasn't as silly as Toronto. All the MLSE teams (Marlies, Raptors, TFC) are the same for prices

I think I paid $12 US for that size can at Buffalo last year, but tickets that night were being sold for $10 prior to the game and it was half empty. Think the cans at Senators were about the same but Canadian dollars. Only othe NHL venue I've been to was Tampa and I can't remember the beer cost, but don't think it was too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 11:17, Miguel Sanchez said:

Currently watching last night's Avalanche/Senators game. Duchene has just scored and I genuinely want to die. 

I'm sure you felt better by the end. Top tip for playing the Senators, if you have one good line, get them on the ice lots and you will destroy us.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:58, tigerton said:

I'm sure you felt better by the end. Top tip for playing the Senators, if you have one good line, get them on the ice lots and you will destroy us.

No that was still a violation of my human rights. Bring him home. Anything to not have to face that again.

On 10/30/2018 at 17:32, Miguel Sanchez said:

No that was still a violation of my human rights. Bring him home. Anything to not have to face that again.

Well he'll be a free agent soon. Him and Jack Hughes could be Avs thanks to our incompetence.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not strictly NHL but features many future NHLers and didn't want to start a whole thread for it but the "World Juniors" or World Under 20s championships to most of the world, is on at the moment. The general arrogance of the Canadian media and fans during this tournament is the closest thing I've seen to England during a major football tournament. So I was (secretly) delighted when they lost to Finland in the Quarter Finals last night, the media post mortem is always entertaining, breaking down the failures of 19 year old kids. The personal abuse aimed at one of the Canadian players (again a 19 year old) on social media wouldn't look out of place in Scottish football either.

Hoping either Switzerland pull off the upset and win it all, or more realistically Finland win the tournament. 

• 3 months later...