N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Ottawa also have to give one of their first round picks from the next two years to Colorado. They've spent the past few weeks trying to get us to trade them it back. I think we're quite happy with making them choose between the current 2018 4th overall and whatever 2019 will be with Anderson a year older, Hoffman gone and Karlsson likely wanting away.

I'm sure nothing will happen but it's nice to dream of robbing them blind again and getting Karlsson in burgundy.

On 6/10/2018 at 12:13, Jute said:

Anyone know when the new schedule is released?

New schedule is now out.

Draft starts tonight, the past few years I've made a point of watching it but not too fussed this year. Fairly obviously Dahlin is going to Buffalo,  apart from him and Andrei Svechnikov don't really know many of the other players and not even sure where or if the Leafs have a first round pick. I will be keeping an eye on the later rounds tomorrow though and hoping Liam Kirk from Sheffield gets drafted

4 hours ago, Torpar said:

New schedule is now out.

Draft starts tonight, the past few years I've made a point of watching it but not too fussed this year. Fairly obviously Dahlin is going to Buffalo,  apart from him and Andrei Svechnikov don't really know many of the other players and not even sure where or if the Leafs have a first round pick. I will be keeping an eye on the later rounds tomorrow though and hoping Liam Kirk from Sheffield gets drafted

Cheers saw that this morning. Sharks at home Blues, Oilers and Vancouver when I am over. Cannot wait.

What's the best way to get tickets to a match? A mate is going over next Feb to New York and was wanting to go to MSG.  Tickets aren't available on the New York Rangers website yet but are showing on Stubhub etc?

• 2 months later...
He was then forwarded to the Florida Panthers, two hours later with San Jose getting a better return than Ottawa did in the first place [emoji38]

its been a nuts story but it hasn't really been 100% proven it was her yet, and what role Hoffman played in it. However there's been a lot of support for the Karlssons and a lot of people saying they are not surprised by the actions of Hoffman and his girlfriend.

Ottawa are falling apart though. Karlsson should be traded this week; there also should be a bunch of big trades this week leading up to the draft on Friday.

And Lordy, Karlsson’s just been traded to the Sharks.

Sens got buttons in return for Karlssen but they're at the start of a rebuild period. They'll be tanking for the next 2/3 years to try to pick up really low first round picks. If any of their prospects can develop then it's a bonus.

Poor deal for Ottawa but essentially a sign that they're aiming for 31st place.

8 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Sens got buttons in return for Karlssen but they're at the start of a rebuild period. They'll be tanking for the next 2/3 years to try to pick up really low first round picks. If any of their prospects can develop then it's a bonus.

Poor deal for Ottawa but essentially a sign that they're aiming for 31st place.

Their 2019 1st will really help them too.

Image result for joe sakic

Oh. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.nhl.com/fans/european-game-of-the-week

The NHL European Game of the Week is the National Hockey League's program to deliver LIVE NHL GAMES in PRIME TIME to fans in Europe. For the 2018-19 season, the program will make nearly 50 Saturday and Sunday games available to the NHL's broadcast partners across Europe, subject to their participation and schedule.

First game is tonight, Oilers at Devils at 9:30. Which actually starts at 6PM according to nhl.com and is being shown at 9:30AM tomorrow morning according to FreeSports, but it's something. 

This is going to be a long long shit season for us (and I'll need to change my profile pic at some point, but it's hard to let go). However, I am going to enjoy the f**k out of that win Vs the leafs last night. Matthews and Tavares completely anonymous. Andersen terrible in net. Hotsam Batcho ruling the ice. Delicious. Hold off on the parade for now boys!

Their 2019 1st will really help them too.
sakic_joe-1040x572.jpg&key=74e0e57a36732d86cdfd6884acb47b4a704fd3c92767349f970c59c64a607ccb
Oh. 

I admittedly ignored this thread for a while... Gut feeling is well do ok this year and that first with be around 6-10 overall. We're only in a 'rebuild' because our owner is a cheap p***k with big debts.

Really not impressed Karlsson ended up in our division, especially considering the magic beans SJS coughed up for him. Shocking trade from the Sens!
He won't sign long term in San Jose. He'll go to Tampa if they can find cap space. (or Vegas but that is your division sorry...). Or on dreamland, melnyk sells and he comes home!