N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Bit closer but Sharks win again 4-3 in overtime. 3-0 up in the series now. May have to bite the bullet and pay for Premier Sports as Sharks looking good this season.

Sharks in not choking shocker?

They've been seriously dominant. Very impressive indeed. Can't last....

Agreed. Even 3-0 lead is not safe with Sharks ability to choke.

They must be the most mentally weak franchise in North American sports. Even by their standards, this season was horrendous. I love Joe Thornton, but surely they've got to trade him after this latest disappearing act?

2nd seed Avs lose to Minnesota in OT and leading four times, really gutting and infuriating at the same time. Think the Bruins will lift the cup this year, hope Habs topple them though.

Oh well, at least IIHF World Championships starts soon.

They must be the most mentally weak franchise in North American sports. Even by their standards, this season was horrendous. I love Joe Thornton, but surely they've got to trade him after this latest disappearing act?

Sadly I suspect you are right on both counts. It might take clearing out a few of the big names to get rid of the losing mentality that seems to run through the locker room.

Oh well roll on next October.

Sadly I suspect you are right on both counts. It might take clearing out a few of the big names to get rid of the losing mentality that seems to run through the locker room.

Oh well roll on next October.

Seems like Antti Niemi junior will be first out of Dodge. Another guy who simply didn't show up. They'd have been better with the original version.

As long as they have Logan Couture, I remain optimistic that they'll at least maintain a presence for the foreseeable future, but really, they need a healthy dose of whatever it is Boston do year after year.

Big night for Lundqvist and the Rangers
Post mortem on the Pens is not pretty. Surely Bylsma is gone this time but will 71, 58 & 29 still be there?

Hawks did it with a game to spare with Crawford excellent

Hope the Kings can fight back as the Ducks could be tricky

East Final - if there was a way for both of them to lose I'd be quite happy...Montreal have nae chance without Price though, without him they would never have beaten Boston

West Final - two teams I quite enjoy watching and with players I like, but I have Chicago in the sweep so GO 'HAWKS!

its getting chippy tonight in game 3....Prust gave Stepan a horrible open ice hit to the head and he's not been back out in the 2nd period yet...Danny Carcillo tried to avenge Stepan by going a bit mad and ended up smacking the linesman with his stick...10 minute and a misconduct :|

i also fucking hate that piece of shit Pacioretty