N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

seemed to not cause us any major issues until a week or so a go though

Goes back to whether you buy into the whole "advanced" stats side of things I guess. Though personally, even without getting into that, I don't think routinely getting outshot is a recipe for long-term success.

Goes back to whether you buy into the whole "advanced" stats side of things I guess. Though personally, even without getting into that, I don't think routinely getting outshot is a recipe for long-term success.

it was fine when bernier was fit but with reimer in for those games he really couldnt cope

• 2 weeks later...

important win over boston on thursday and another must win against the jets tonight, have to rely on the jackets getting beat as well though :unsure2: we can hope!

Didn't work out too well. Columbus looking strong favourites for that 8th spot in the east. I'd have rather seen New Jersey get in, they're quite good to watch. Love Jagr.

Didn't work out too well. Columbus looking strong favourites for that 8th spot in the east. I'd have rather seen New Jersey get in, they're quite good to watch. Love Jagr.

race is over, caryle will be gone

Blue Jackets make it. I might be the only person outside Ohio pleased by this

Bobrovskys family might be chuffed for him as will I guess.

Wish there was more love for NHL on this forum, like the love people have for god awful NFL :(

2nd time in CBJ's franchise history so I hear. Really good team with Bob in goal. Johansen looks like the real deal too. Avs were really lucky against them in the last meeting.

Race to be champion of the Central division is really heating up, just 2 behind the Blues who are imploding at the moment.

Wow, what two great games to have watched! Shame Toews and Kane were out. Still, United Center must have been bouncing on both occasions.

That Montreal game was something else. Last home game of the regular season and the place was rocking as it was. What a finish, what a game.

Selanne and Giguere played their last regular season game for their teams (duck/avs respectively) last night, which ended 3-2 OT.

Pretty fitting end for the two legends.

Play-offs starting on Wednesday. Some tasty matchups too - Sharks vs Kings, Blues vs Hawks, Bruins vs Wings

Must say I've got lost as to how the playoffs are determined since reconstruction last year. Why no longer the simple 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6 and 4 v 5? They've overcomplicated the entire thing. Until they balance the conferences it will also look lopsided. Doubt there's much scope for expansion though, with many current franchises already struggling.

No Canucks this year, so don't really care where the Stanley Cup ends up. Been a while since the Habs had their mitts on it. Them vs Colorado with Patrick Roy would certainly be a great story.