N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

First time in 35 years a team has come back to win from being 3-0 down in the series, an absolutely unthinkable achievement by Philly.

I think it shows that you should never go 3-0 up against the Flyers. Great comeback from them - and they are a team with a lot of injured stars too. Should be an interesting final, but if you are a Sharks fan you must be rubbing your hands with glee at all the bigger teams who have lost in the East. Could this be the lowest seeded Eastern conference final there has ever been?

I think it shows that you should never go 3-0 up against the Flyers. Great comeback from them - and they are a team with a lot of injured stars too. Should be an interesting final, but if you are a Sharks fan you must be rubbing your hands with glee at all the bigger teams who have lost in the East. Could this be the lowest seeded Eastern conference final there has ever been?

It's mental that a team can finish seventh and still end up with home ice advantage in the conference final. :lol:

Sharks for the cup anyway, I'm on the bandwagon.

Edited by Zanetti

I love your teams buddy! mon the habs, lets get this done, I'm hoping for philly in the next round, cannot wait biggrin.gif the bell centre will be rocking!

Thats it mate, get behind the team, should be a hard conference final as Philly are a hard team to crack.

Didn't know you used to live there, what's it like in Canada? I have a friend who lives there with his family, i am moving over there in 2012.

I am jumping on the Habs wagon for the playoffs, until the start of next season anyway ;)

Here's hoping Camma can lift the cup.

Yeah I was in Canada for quite a while working over there on a working holidays visa, was actually working at the Maple leafs though :ph34r: Canada is a quality country, the people are very friendly, really just like Australia but with a different accent. Hope Cammileri and the boys can lift the cup for the first time in the Bell Centre, Ste Catherine st will go crazy :) .

They can rub their hands all they like but remember us and Philly are no easy beats as we have so far proved so San Jose and Chicago can take us and Philly as lightly as they can ;)

Getting pumped 6-0 isnt the best way to start a 7 game series, hopefully just getting our bad performance of the series over and done with first game, be good to snatch a win second game in Philly which could set us up nicely.

Terrific start for the Flyers, but I'll be surprised if the whole series is as open as that. Montréal have done too well so far to just go down that easily. It's still going to be a tight series I think.

I really hope the winner of the Stanley Cup comes from the Western side.

As a Leafs fan, the last thing we need with being so sh*te at the moment is to watch the Habs go on to win the thing, we'll never hear the end of it. On the other hand, everyone hates Philadelphia.

I'd like to see the Sharks take it, that's if they don't bottle it...again. If not the Sharks, then c'mon the Blackhawks. Please, for our sake...

Massive game next up for us at the Bell Centre, if we dont win this then its going to be a major struggle to pull ourselves back, at least we arent in the same position as San Jose are in that they have not made the most of their first 2 home games whereas we will be having the huge backing in our own stadium for the next 2 games. Hopefully we dont give us as many silly penalties as we have done in the first 2 games and have Halak at his top form and we will be alright, im optimistic :) lets have the bell centre rocking as usual!

yup at the start I was thinking "right we only need to win 1 of the 4 games in philly and just let the home games take care of themselves" Still sticking by that, we need to stop taking stupid penalties, Gomez and Gionta need to up their games and hopefully Halak will have a good night.

Ole ole ole ole :D Thats more like the way we should be playing, great game by the guys tonight! More pressuring on the net and less penalties and we will come on top. Need to back this fine effort up in game 4 now and make the most of our home advantage.

A Chicago - Philly final would be just about the most horrible thing I could imagine. I better get used to it though.

Looks like your nightmares are 1 game away from becoming reality.

Also looks like i jinxed the Sharks.

Hopefully Philly win, as then there will be another parade for a winning team, making it 2 in the 3 years since i moved there.

I feel empty.... 3-1 flyers midway through the second... it's all over :( we are going to have a shite final.

I hope the Habs can keep their best players next season and sign some good players too hopefully they can make it next year!