N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Follow up questions: What's the deal with CenterIce online, does anyone do that? Basically if I want to follow one first round series (assuming the Canucks make the playoffs and fall in round 1) do I have any hope in hell of doing this in any official way?

Shot you a PM. ;)

On topic: All-Star votes were finalized. My endless texting counted to something at least... Even though I don't think Giguere or Scotty should be in this year.

For our regular big hockey fans here (all three of you I make it), what's the deal with watching hockey here? Having only got into it last year while in Vancouver this is my first season watching it from Scotland, I'm avoiding it until finals and everything are over for obvious reasons but want to pick up coverage for the latter rounds of the playoffs.

Basically my questions are

1. Is NASN the only option?

2. If so, is this only available as part of a Sky/Virgin package?

3. What is the minimum subscription length?

4. What is the coverage like?

Any other helpful pointers would be appreciated.

Canucks continue to cobble together half decent form, which is the best we can hope for at the moment as we have now lost our 2nd choice goaltender as well as Luongo and had to bring in someone I've never heard of from the Kings for a 7th round draft pick to keep us covered.

Whose the three?

The Flames won their 5th straight last night with a 3-2 win over the Preds, now that I have said this we will get beat tonight by Chicago <_<

It looks like Sidney Crosby is making a name for himself this year, just in the wrong way. 2 weeks ago he had a cheap shot in a fight against Atlanta, yet only got a 2 minute penalty, then the other day he picked up 19minutes of penaltys against Floriday for "fighting" unfairly too. I wonder if he is going to start to get banned for games for the bad play, like Avery did. Interesting few weeks ahead for the "superstar" of Hockey - seems like many superstars he can't take it when things arent going his way.

WOw, i just saw the starters in the NHL all-star teams. What an absolute joke, and i thought the MLB all star selections were bad. Not 1, yes not even 1 starter was from a team winning it's division. Of the 12 starting players, 4 were from Montreal and 2 from 4th place Pittsburgh. In the west, you would expect teh 29-4-5 Sharks to get at least 1, or reigning champs Detroit? No, Chicago and the Ducks got 3 players each. What an absolute F'n joke.

WOw, i just saw the starters in the NHL all-star teams. What an absolute joke, and i thought the MLB all star selections were bad. Not 1, yes not even 1 starter was from a team winning it's division. Of the 12 starting players, 4 were from Montreal and 2 from 4th place Pittsburgh. In the west, you would expect teh 29-4-5 Sharks to get at least 1, or reigning champs Detroit? No, Chicago and the Ducks got 3 players each. What an absolute F'n joke.

They are going to have to do away with the current voting system. Quite how 4 starters are from Montreal I do no know. Perhaps they are the best four players in the west, or perhaps there was a little electoral fraud. Either way, it's a nonsense.

They are going to have to do away with the current voting system. Quite how 4 starters are from Montreal I do no know. Perhaps they are the best four players in the west, or perhaps there was a little electoral fraud. Either way, it's a nonsense.

I think that for this, fans should all vote for their favorite on their team. Then people that actually know what they are doing pick the rest of the squads, including the starting players. They should do that for all sports.

No Flames either! :angry:

Another loss last night, 4-0 at the Garden.

Atlanta at home tonight, total MUST WIN to try and get our season back on track.

I noticed that and thought "Uh Oh"

I also noticed that on the BBC interactive text thingamy, the Hockey fixture list had Calgary playing Calgary tonight, should be an easy one then :lol:<_<