N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Guest Future-SM-Keeper-Ere
Nooooo. It's because Bettman is an idiot and can't even market his own sport.

The All Star game is going to be a joke. I really hope the first lines of Monreal and Detroit do nothing throughout the game, and the other lines tear it up. I'd enjoy that. Then the Canadian media can piss off and Wings fans can shut that giant gaping hole on their faces.

Avs tonight. They are one of the teams I like seeing in town because their fans are usually quite nice. I've sat with a few in LA and in Anaheim, and have never had a bad experience. So I shouldn't be too mad after tonight.

... But Chicago on Friday... I'm not holding out much hope for that game in terms of away fans. :rolleyes:

what are away attendances like, seeing as there are games during midweek that can be quite a distance?

5 days to go and i,ll be at madison square garden watching ny rangers v florida :D

Where are your seats? I had sweet ones right on the half way line - see earlier photos. Also remember, the foot-long hot-dogs are expensive but tasty, and take your passport otherwise you'll have to sweet-talk the stall staff. MSG is one of the great arenas of any sport.

what are away attendances like, seeing as there are games during midweek that can be quite a distance?

Most away supporters are just people who live in the area now. Sometimes during holiday weeks, you'll see little groups of fans, but nothing significant.

From what I've seen, the best games for split crowds are the close ones... Such as...

Anaheim / LA (35 miles apart)

New York / New Jersey

Washington / Pittsburgh

Detroit Bandwagon / Any team

I know a lot of Ducks fans who make the trip up to San Jose sometimes, but that building is becoming more and more unpleasant apparently. I've never been, but I'd like to. I might go up around Christmas.

Guest Future-SM-Keeper-Ere
Most away supporters are just people who live in the area now. Sometimes during holiday weeks, you'll see little groups of fans, but nothing significant.

From what I've seen, the best games for split crowds are the close ones... Such as...

Anaheim / LA (35 miles apart)

New York / New Jersey

Washington / Pittsburgh

Detroit Bandwagon / Any team

I know a lot of Ducks fans who make the trip up to San Jose sometimes, but that building is becoming more and more unpleasant apparently. I've never been, but I'd like to. I might go up around Christmas.

I'd guess the NY games against each other attract split crowds, along with the Habs vs Leafs? And maybe Florida and Tampa Bay as well?

Where are your seats? I had sweet ones right on the half way line - see earlier photos. Also remember, the foot-long hot-dogs are expensive but tasty, and take your passport otherwise you'll have to sweet-talk the stall staff. MSG is one of the great arenas of any sport.

why do i need a passport to buy a hot dog?

I'd guess the NY games against each other attract split crowds, along with the Habs vs Leafs? And maybe Florida and Tampa Bay as well?

Well, I'm sure there is a mix, but I honestly can't imagine the fanbase for the Isles, Bolts or Panthers being too big.

Lucky win today. Rather dull game, but 2 points = 2 points.

We were pretty unlucky last night in Buffalo, Curry made some astounding saves in goal, but in fairness the Sabres are a good team. Made a change for us being the team going into the 3rd period ahead and then losing the game, since it's usually the other way about.

Anyway, got sent

, it's a brilliant Sidney Crosby tribute.

Two wins in three days for the Flames against Vancouver :D B)

<_<

Canucks record a third straight loss in Ohio. Losing Luongo has been a massive blow but goaltenders played well in both games against Flames including Corey Schneider, 22 year old just recalled from our farm team. Didn't play so well last night which cost us the game.

Sharks update. You can guess the result. but Joe Thornton scored four points in the first period last night. The Sharks now have 45 points and the best start in NHL history. The all-star team voters don't seem to have noticed though.

Sharks update. You can guess the result. but Joe Thornton scored four points in the first period last night. The Sharks now have 45 points and the best start in NHL history. The all-star team voters don't seem to have noticed though.

Oh my GOD I hope the Sharks get swept in their first playoff matchup. Just because it would be hilarious. :lol:

I suppose I have to think about things like these when the Ducks play like they have this week...

Oh my GOD I hope the Sharks get swept in their first playoff matchup. Just because it would be hilarious. :lol:

I suppose I have to think about things like these when the Ducks play like they have this week...

Not, it must be said, particularly hilarious for me.

Or indeed Big "Joe" Thornton, who got another 3 in the Sharks twentieth game of the season - a victory over the Blue Jackets - to register his 23rd point in the last ten games.

I take it the Ducks lost to Chicago on the Five game? I made it through the first period but fell asleep.

Missed the Avery furore this week a bit. Prior to their game in Calgary, Avery made some remarks about Phaneuf going for his 'sloppy seconds' which seems to have got him into a hell of a lot of trouble, the Stars look keen on punting him no matter what and the league suspended him pending a verdict being issued today.

As if I really needed an excuse, here is the photographic evidence of said 'sloppy seconds:'

elisha-cuthbert-3.jpg