N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Status Update

Bruins are OOT

MJ laughing.gif

Rent free chum

Feel free to laugh when the frogs can make a playoff from a proper regular season and not a pandemic bubble one

On 01/05/2023 at 12:47, Zanetti said:

Boston losing in the first round after after having the best regular season in NHL history is very, very funny!

The old curse of the Presidents Trophy winners.  There have been 37 winners of the trophy and only 8 have won the Stanley Cup.  Last team was the 2012-2012 Blackhawks.  I think the Bruins clinched a playoff spot in March so maybe it's a mindset thing.  Can only hope the Panthers can take care of the Leafs.  Their fans will be unbearable if they win that series.

Wide open now the big hitters have all been dumped. I quite fancy Carolina to finally do it. Been a fairly consistent, well coached side for a few seasons now. 

As long as it’s not the fucking Oilers. 

24 minutes ago, Leggy Blonde said:

Wide open now the big hitters have all been dumped. I quite fancy Carolina to finally do it. Been a fairly consistent, well coached side for a few seasons now. 

As long as it’s not the fucking Oilers. 

Carolina have done it already in 2006 against your obviously favourite Oilers. 😇

11 minutes ago, EdmontonDandy said:

Carolina have done it already in 2006 against your obviously favourite Oilers. 😇

I realise that. I meant in this current roster that’s been consistently making it past the first round for 5 years now. 

I have some die hard Oilers pals here, I’d go into hiding for a month. 

54 minutes ago, EdmontonDandy said:

At least the Flames had the good sense to fire Sutter.  He cost you in the playoffs last season and not even making the post season this year.  His old school ways have caught up to him.

And his 2 year 8mill extension hasn’t even kicked in yet! What an amazing piece of foresight that was. With Treliving gone too we’re a bit of a shambles at the moment. 

On 09/05/2023 at 16:35, Miguel Sanchez said:

Yet another rigged NHL draft lottery. Sad!

Bedard is going to be the biggest anticlimax in NHL history anyway...

Spoiler

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

In other news, Maple Leafs showing a bit of effort last night, just so they can brutally crush our hopes and dreams in game 5. Honestly it's worse than supporting Hibs sometimes. 

The inevitable has happened and the Leafs are out.  Leafs twitter is all enraged about a couple of calls, conveniently ignoring how they were 3-1 down in the series.

Unfortunately for the refs of tonights game, Leafs fans have very long memories about this sort of thing as can be witnessed by how much whining still goes on about Kerry Fraser missing a call in 1993