N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This aged well. 

Well he is... we should not have even been in the playoffs, m9. We shouldn't have beaten Edmonton, and we did. We should have been swept by Vegas, and we weren't. He's definitely the main reason for that, and in my mind, still the man.

10 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

You're a moron.

What do you think cancelling games in the name of a women beating paedo who got shot for not obeying police commands and reaching for a weapon achieves exactly? 

It's funny that Canada is often seem as a liberal shinning example of tolerant by people not from here when in reality it's not at all. According to the internet last night,  the NHL will soon be out of business because everyone is going to stop watching it, the same thing was meant to happen to Rogers Cable when 'everyone' stopped watching after the king of the bigots Don Cherry was fired.

With a growing number of non-white players, coaches and fans I support the NHL players on this one. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I watched the last period of Team White v Team Red from the Canada World Juniors selection camp, in the absence of any other hockey on TV is was a delight to see, Kirby Dach looks decent, shame for him he got drafted by a diddy team. 

World Juniors is already strangely popular in Canada but I can imagine it being even bigger this year, on a personal note I'm hoping I can start playing again in January but I'm not holding my breath since Toronto is in another lockdown now 

Edited by Torpar

• 1 month later...

Still no decesion on Ontario and Quebec allowing NHL games, though big Doug Ford will probably allow it being a big Leafs fan.

In other news most of the teams seem to have sponsors on their helmets for this season which seems to get some of the Don Cherry types in a right state!