N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Caught some of the Leafs game and 5 minutes of the Oilers - Flames game, nice to see the games weren't like the usual preseason bores. Players actually throwing hits has good to see and seeing Tkachuk getting slashed in the back was satisfying. Can not wait for Saturday now.  

So good to have competitive hockey back this past weekend, apart from the score I thought the Habs-Pittsburgh game on Saturday night was a great watch, a lot of clueless fans call Crosby a "cry baby" but he probably is on the receiving end of more cheap shots than any other player in the league by far, I'd be pissed off too. 

Leafs gonna Leafs, seems totally out of ideas against Columbus, not expecting much this afternoon. Cody Ceci and and Tyson Barrie seem to get a lot of stick but for me Travis Dermott isn't an NHL defenceman, doesn't seem to realise him limitations skill wise and usually seems to be on the ice when the Leafs get scored on. 

The amount of games on at the moment is great, if I was still a single man I could easily camp out and watch 12 and a half hours of hockey all day. For now I'll settle for a Leafs game after work this afternoon

Not sure when cross checking a guy twice while he's on the ice after a whistle stopped being a penalty but oh well if the Leafs got Lafreniere, Stuetzle or Byfield I'd be delighted! 

As a bitter and twisted Leafs fan I hope Tampa Bay win it all now. Shame Chicago and Montreal won really as apart from Nathan MacKinnon there are no true superstars in the playoffs.

Tuukka has opted out. He looked shaky since the restart and given his comments after game 2 it's not a huge shock he wasn't himself, still huge news.

Halak might be about as good a back up as a team could have at this point though.