N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2020 at 02:28, S7C said:

So Toronto lost to the Canes emergency backup. A zamboni driver. 

The Marlies' zamboni driver at that, he's on their payroll. Nice story but shows how pump the Leafs are. I'm just gonna start watching the Raptors I think. 

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I will be petitioning the SPFL to allow this rule in Scotland. If both keepers are injured in a game a random draw is held for one of the supporters to cover in goals for the rest of the match.

I never win any of the HT draws.

I'd be a stick on to win that one away at Parkhead when we've already had 2 sent off.

• 2 weeks later...
Henri Richard, the Pocket Rocket, has passed away. Really sucks, a legend of the game.
Holds record for most Stanley Cups as player at 11. One of his team mates Jean Beliveau incidently holds the overall record with 17 (10 as a player & as an exec).

League play suspended as of today....

Read on twitter from one of the NHL insider guys that standings as of now will be awarded Presidents Trophy etc and if play resumes for the playoffs, it will be as-is also

Hopefully the Bruins don't succumb to the curse of the Presidents Trophy (which i think is BS anyway) :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It'll be late July at the earliest before it's actually back. Toronto being listed as a potential hub city, utterly ridiculous suggestion considering Greater Toronto accounts for 76% of new cases in Ontario. 

In other hockey news, Toronto's new NWHL team must have hired an Asian teenager  to come up with their name. The Toronto Six will start play next season at a yet to be named arena/community ice rink. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...