N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Lightning Bruins should be a good series. 2 good games so far.

Decided if the lightning win the SC I'm going to Florida in October for the opening game of the season. Was supposed to be having a year off but having been to the last 4 opening games I'm not missing it if they finally win. Accept I'm probably getting ahead of myself here.

• 2 weeks later...

Shocked how poor Nashville were last night against Winnipeg in game 7. Rinne coughed up two very soft goals in the first, when the Preds were very much bossing it. Then they just never got back into it.

Delighted for the Jets, though. Hope they go onto the SC final. I don't think anyone was predicting it would be them and Vegas in the Western Conference Final this season! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ovie finally gets a cup! Lars Eller becomes the first Dane and Nathan Walker becomes the first (Welsh born) Aussie to lift the cup.

Looking forward to the draft in a coupe of weeks time now, hopefully Liam Kirk becomes the first English born and trained (3rd UK) player drafted and becomes the first UK born and trained player to actually play in the NHL

Ottawa are turning into the Sevco of the NHL.

Not NHL I know but the Toronto Marlies beat the Texas Stars in game 7 last night to win the AHL Calder Cup. I'm a big fan of the Marlies, compared to the corporate suits world of the Leafs, the Marlies seem more like the people's team, cheap tickets, beautiful arena, down to earth fans. Shame the beer costs the same as the ACC though.

Ottawa are turning into the Sevco of the NHL.
Not NHL I know but the Toronto Marlies beat the Texas Stars in game 7 last night to win the AHL Calder Cup. I'm a big fan of the Marlies, compared to the corporate suits world of the Leafs, the Marlies seem more like the people's team, cheap tickets, beautiful arena, down to earth fans. Shame the beer costs the same as the ACC though.
I was there to see the Marlies win! Great game, great goals but was almost let down by the state of the refs in the third, some of the non calls were baffling. Good to see a hockey team in Toronto actually win something.
20180614_183229.jpg20180614_214210.jpg

1 hour ago, maplewell said:

I was there to see the Marlies win! Great game, great goals but was almost let down by the state of the refs in the third, some of the non calls were baffling. Good to see a hockey team in Toronto actually win something.
20180614_183229.jpg20180614_214210.jpg

Glory hunter! I was at game 1 of the finals and a game from each of the previous rounds. Watched the game on TSN last game, Texas' "goal" was bizarre, whistle had gone and puck didn't cross the line. I believe in the AHL the refs can only use the overhead camera so not sure what they saw.

Glory hunter! I was at game 1 of the finals and a game from each of the previous rounds. Watched the game on TSN last game, Texas' "goal" was bizarre, whistle had gone and puck didn't cross the line. I believe in the AHL the refs can only use the overhead camera so not sure what they saw.
They have a net camera that they can use as well as the overhead, people are saying it initially went in at the right side of the net before the scramble but I haven't seen anything that confirms that yet. Great to see the celebrations after too. The video of Dubas lifting the cup was great [emoji38] I will definitely try to catch some more games next season though, on the understanding that I won't get to see a championship win ever time I go haha

Anyone following the Mike Hoffman story?  
Seems to have reached a conclusion with him (and his weirdo girlfriend) being traded to the San Jose Sharks for very little. 
He was then forwarded to the Florida Panthers, two hours later with San Jose getting a better return than Ottawa did in the first place [emoji38]

its been a nuts story but it hasn't really been 100% proven it was her yet, and what role Hoffman played in it. However there's been a lot of support for the Karlssons and a lot of people saying they are not surprised by the actions of Hoffman and his girlfriend.

Ottawa are falling apart though. Karlsson should be traded this week; there also should be a bunch of big trades this week leading up to the draft on Friday.

1 hour ago, maplewell said:

He was then forwarded to the Florida Panthers, two hours later with San Jose getting a better return than Ottawa did in the first place emoji38.png

its been a nuts story but it hasn't really been 100% proven it was her yet, and what role Hoffman played in it. However there's been a lot of support for the Karlssons and a lot of people saying they are not surprised by the actions of Hoffman and his girlfriend.

Ottawa are falling apart though. Karlsson should be traded this week; there also should be a bunch of big trades this week leading up to the draft on Friday.

That seems some pretty nifty work by the Sharks there.  They've just freed up an absolute tonne of salary cap space.