Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My three year old daughter went berserk with a felt tip pen over virtually every wall in the entire house today. It has all washed off thankfully but I lost the plot with her and ranted and raved and now I feel fucking terrible. :( I love her really but she probably feels lie I don't now. The wee soul. :(

I'm sure she'll get over it :). At that age they're often easily distracted from a fall out with a parent. The number of times my daughter isn't pleased with me just now is escalating daily.

The joys of being a father and i am afraid and i doesn't get any easier

Thanks. We all feel better about our bad days for reading that! :P

People without sufficient intelligence to take everything they will need outside with them, instead of having to repeatedly go in and out of the house.

I'd have thought you'd have had some sympathy with those amongst us whose memories aren't quite what they should be Grandad. :rolleyes:

I have bought my step daughter a drum kit for her xmas,God help my soon to be bleeding ears.

You've brought that on yourself. :lol:

My six and-an-all-important-half year old son wants a recorder for his. :huh: (I'd rather he had a DS :thumsup2)

I had a consultation about getting the snip on Monday and the doctor told me all the usual stuff. One thing that stood out though was that after the operation I have to give samples to make sure no sperm is getting through and those samples have to be handed in within half an hour of 'gathering'.

I dont get embarrassed about anything really but the thought of handing in my wee sample bottle just after producing it is quite gauling.

I might wear a balaclava or spray water on my face and hair and say "30 seconds I had to have this in by eh?" and offer to shake their hand.

My Lithuanian friend Nerika sat next to me on the bus to work this morning.

'Labas rytkas, Good morning Nerika'

'Labas, Nick'

'Paik sakauski?' How are you?

'Okay, but a little sick'

'Aye, you look a bit tired, what's wrong, working too hard?'

'Yes, of course.......but I'm also three months pregnant'

:o ......'Oh.....that's fantastic news, I'm really pleased for you.........' :(:bairn:bairn

I tried to make it sound sincere, honestly I did.....and to make it worse, I find out her husband missed the birth of her first child because he was on active service.....with the Lithuanian army! :o

I've nae luck, absolutely nae fucking luck whatsoever! <_<:( Oh well, another platonic relationship beckons. At least I got a smile and a wave goodbye to cheer my morning up.

Guest Ally's honest man
Also, the arseholes that run my girlfriend's uni course have changed her essay question at less than 48 hours notice of the deadline and still expect the class to meet it.

This is wholly fucking unreasonable in my opinion, she only just finished the original question last night after working her arse off all weekend, and is now expected to do the exact same again only at twice the speed?

Fucking typical of uni, one of the main reasons I jacked it in was their appalling lack of organisation and co-ordination.

Funnily enough this seems to happen in the big bad world or work very regularly. Its character buidling and good preperation for working life.

I had a consultation about getting the snip.....I have to give samples to make sure no sperm is getting through and those samples have to be handed in within half an hour of 'gathering'.

...but the thought of handing in my wee sample bottle just after producing it is quite gauling.

1. Been there, seen it, done it.

2. I think your Doc is a wee bit keen with the half an hour thing. I was told so long as my samples were in the same morning they'd be okay. And it only took three goes to confirm I was firing blanks. ;)

3. And handing the samples in was no bother. It was a communal collection point so you could have been handing anything over - nobody will guess. ;)

Chin up big yin and go for it. The only down-side was the taxi ride back from the hospital immediately after the op. Very bumpy - ouchy! :(

I had a consultation about getting the snip on Monday and the doctor told me all the usual stuff. One thing that stood out though was that after the operation I have to give samples to make sure no sperm is getting through and those samples have to be handed in within half an hour of 'gathering'.

I dont get embarrassed about anything really but the thought of handing in my wee sample bottle just after producing it is quite gauling.

I might wear a balaclava or spray water on my face and hair and say "30 seconds I had to have this in by eh?" and offer to shake their hand.

Do it preseason.

A friend of mine got it done and said his bawz were sore as f**k siting at the football.

Recently, I have a bad habit of being friendly to rather large girls and them interpreting this as wanting 'more than friendship' and them developing 'feelings' for me.

I feel guilty saying this, but it's probably because they haven't had a lot of male attention in any way and want to latch onto the first (sexy ;) ) guy who gives them a bit of attention or befriends them.

*Makes up cover story to protect himself from 'bad cubby-chaser' claims*

Chin up big yin and go for it. The only down-side was the taxi ride back from the hospital immediately after the op. Very bumpy - ouchy! :(

Cheers Kilt.

I'm getting local anaesthetic so hopefully the 5 minute drive back up the road wont be too bad.

Do it preseason.

A friend of mine got it done and said his bawz were sore as f**k siting at the football.

The doc said it'd probably be in the new year now but I got the impression he was meaning at the beginning of the new year. I'll just ask if I can stand up the side. :lol:

Like Fudge, I also wondered what my tattie juice would look like but that question has been answered.

Cheers Kilt.

I'm getting local anaesthetic so hopefully the 5 minute drive back up the road wont be too bad.

The doc said it'd probably be in the new year now but I got the impression he was meaning at the beginning of the new year. I'll just ask if I can stand up the side. :lol:

Like Fudge, I also wondered what my tattie juice would look like but that question has been answered.

:lol:

You do realise that they have to stick a fecking big needle in your bits to administer said local anaesthetic?

Edited by McB