Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who open windows (sometimes more than 1) on the bus when its fucking freezing outside :angry: :angry: Some fud done it today. He comes on the bus, and before he puts his arse on the seat he's opening two windows, I mean - how is he supposed to know its too bloody warm on the bus when he's just got on it? Arsehole.

Guest The Phoenix

People without sufficient intelligence to take everything they will need outside with them, instead of having to repeatedly go in and out of the house.

Bloody work.

A few weeks ago they sent out a memo stating that we would be getting paid on Christmas Eve. Some of the care staff complained as they felt this was too late for doing shopping, etc. They all signed a letter and it got sent to head office. Now they've sent out a fucking memo saying that we are getting paid on the 19th of December. All well and good you might think. Oh no - they are paying us 3 weeks wages to last until the 23rd of January. Thats 5 weeks over christmas and new year on 3 weeks wages. Thanks a lot you moaning faced Irvine hags.

Also, the arseholes that run my girlfriend's uni course have changed her essay question at less than 48 hours notice of the deadline and still expect the class to meet it.

This is wholly fucking unreasonable in my opinion, she only just finished the original question last night after working her arse off all weekend, and is now expected to do the exact same again only at twice the speed?

Fucking typical of uni, one of the main reasons I jacked it in was their appalling lack of organisation and co-ordination.

I've hurt my foot. Not badly but it's the knock effect. I have one bad knee and because I hurt the other foot I've been putting my weight on it and now my knee is sore and I'm doing what can only be described as a double limp.

I was absolutely flattened with gastric 'flu all last week - totally, gut-wrenchingly, horrible! <_< Then, feeling a bit better by Sunday, I started to sort several boxes of books in my spare bedroom. It was a bit cramped and I managed to turn round sharply and crack my head off a roof beam and now have a 10p sized graze on my napper. :(

And finally, as I was ill on the Friday I wasn't aware that PCS had called off the strike action for yeaterday at 1:50pm that afternoon So, yep, I stayed at home yesterday feeling all comradely and industrially active and now have to take it as annual leave instead. <_<

Fuxake! :angry::(

This is wholly fucking unreasonable in my opinion, she only just finished the original question last night after working her arse off all weekend, and is now expected to do the exact same again only at twice the speed?

I once wrote a 2000 word essay in 6 hours on an obsucre Russian anarchist using internet sources alone and got an A5 for it. An A5 being the 'worst' type of A before it drops down to a B.

I once wrote a 2000 word essay in 6 hours on an obsucre Russian anarchist using internet sources alone and got an A5 for it. An A5 being the 'worst' type of A before it drops down to a B.

You mean "public" internet or including online journal sources?

You mean "public" internet or including online journal sources?

All of the information I got was from a couple of public internet sites, which gave references to some of his most famous and important quotes as well as a critique on it.

I didn't reference the public site, but gave references to his books as if I had read passages of them myself.

Yeah, people who start essays more than a day in advance are gay anyway. Your girlfriend will be fine, dave258. :D Just get her some Pro Plus and Red Bull...

Agreed and now to meet my deadline tomorrow. 2000 words on:

"What Pricing rules would you recommend to Apple in pricing Ipods, and ancillary attachments for them?" Please assume that they are value maximising i.e. profit maximising in the long term,

and comment on the nature of competition in the market for such players. Are they working

under ‘Perfect’ or ‘Monopolistic competition’, ‘Oligopoly’ or pure ‘Monopoly’? Is one

worldwide price in US dollars appropriate for each variety of Ipod? What will determine the

mark-up for each model? Will the mark-up be higher on the higher specification or on the

lower specification models, and why?

Ah how I wish I hadn't missed a month and a half of uni this semester.

Agreed and now to meet my deadline tomorrow. 2000 words on:

"What Pricing rules would you recommend to Apple in pricing Ipods, and ancillary attachments for them?" Please assume that they are value maximising i.e. profit maximising in the long term,

and comment on the nature of competition in the market for such players. Are they working

under ‘Perfect’ or ‘Monopolistic competition’, ‘Oligopoly’ or pure ‘Monopoly’? Is one

worldwide price in US dollars appropriate for each variety of Ipod? What will determine the

mark-up for each model? Will the mark-up be higher on the higher specification or on the

lower specification models, and why?

Ah how I wish I hadn't missed a month and a half of uni this semester.

The rule of 72

Pure "monopoly"

No

The popularity of the model

Lower specification because more people would be able to afford it hence would buy it hence it makes more sense to have more profit on those

Am i right?????

I'd recommend Apple look around at other items that perform near-identical functions, and then double the price, as people will pay a huge premium for the benefit of having an iSomething.