Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

:lol: My lesson was that drinking a bottle and a half of white lighting will lead to being sick, losing £30, making an arse of yourself by telling people you love them then vicious false rumours that you walked home naked being spread around school by two mates! The rumours are amusing, the rest is fucking cringeworthy. :lol::(

Could have been a hell of a lot worse I guess.

I'm sure one of my mates still has a picture of my blood stained shirt from that night. I want to get hold of it and show it to my kids when I have them, show them the dangers drink can land you in.

I regret that night, god knows how much I had, most of it was straight vodka as well, what an idiot I was. I've never done it again though, that's one lesson I've certainly learned from.

:( Probably a sensible idea. I'll get drunk but i never get into the position where i don't know what i'm doing or can't walk.

There are some wise old sages on this thread. Im ashamed to say that Im still a dreg of society. I frequently get drunk, I often have blackouts where I can't remember the night, I've often had to apologise to people, and it does affect my health quite badly. So I guess I never learned my lesson. :ph34r:

Might just be the environment that I grew up in but I can remember each and every one of my pals being in such a buckled state that they were incapable of slurring their own name, myself included.

All part of the learning process I reckon. Although it wont seem like that at the time to a parent.

Guest The Phoenix
I agree. I will get very very pareletic if i'm in my own house but i always maintain standards when out with friends

Never mind blind drunk - you've had two too many E's. ;)

(Paralitic)

There are some wise old sages on this thread. Im ashamed to say that Im still a dreg of society. I frequently get drunk, I often have blackouts where I can't remember the night, I've often had to apologise to people, and it does affect my health quite badly. So I guess I never learned my lesson. :ph34r:

:( Even if you don't get completely wrecked you can still do stupid things. I can turn into a bit of an arsehole if i've had a few drinks unless my mates are there to knock me into my place.

Might just be the environment that I grew up in but I can remember each and every one of my pals being in such a buckled state that they were incapable of slurring their own name, myself included.

All part of the learning process I reckon. Although it wont seem like that at the time to a parent.

I think Parents know it's probably going to happen, although want to do everything they can to stop their kid having a bad a time of it as they did. I'll be doing my best to ensure no kid of mine gets into the kind of state I was in that night.

Not being a parent myself, I don't really know if th above view is accurate or not.

To be honest i am very upset at the state my boy was tonight,I like a good drink but i have never been in the state he was tonight.I am just glad he has a few good friends who had the sense to phone his mum and tell her that he needed taken home.

Guest The Phoenix

I'd say things were worse in some respects when I was young.

I once woke up in my own bed with my car parked outside my house.

What's bad about that I hear you cry?

Well, I'll tell you - I thought I was at a party in Edinburgh and my house was in Stirling.

Not proud of it and it sure wasn't clever but to this day I have absolutely no recollection of driving home.

To be honest i am very upset at the state my boy was tonight,I like a good drink but i have never been in the state he was tonight.I am just glad he has a few good friends who had the sense to phone his mum and tell her that he needed taken home.

I suppose tho, probably in the grand scheme of things, that your boy has friends who are able to try and stop these situations occur again rather than "egging" him on to drink more and make him worse than he was tonight.

Sorry in advance if that seems patronising Keithgy

Guest The Phoenix
well it used to be the Technical College of paisley <_<

AKA f**k off ya auld coffin dodger

*grumbles about the elderly of today*

:lol:

Bed soon for the auld yin. With the clocks going back an hour, Nursey has let me stay up late.

What's bad about that I hear you cry?

Well, I'll tell you - I thought I was at a party in Edinburgh and my house was in Stirling.

Not proud of it and it sure wasn't clever but to this day I have absolutely no recollection of driving home.

Someone drove your car home without your permission?!?! Dear God! What kind of maniacs were people like when you were young! :P

Just give him the talk Keith. He'll more than likely learn his lesson from tonight anyway and at least he got through this wee episode unscathed.

You've more experience of being a Dad than me though so feel free to tell me to shut my pus if I'm talking shite.

Man, and to think I once respected you. :( :: tuts:

Have to say, I've never drunk and driven, probably the worst thing I did was smashed my flatmates ribs in, and then tried to break another flatmates arm in an apparent fit of rage. Again though, I wouldn't even dare get in a state where I do something like that if I still lived with my parents. :ph34r:

not so much a PTTGOYN, more a thing that has left me devstated. Mum just called to say the vet is on the way to put my wee boy to sleep. I rescued him from the vet over 10 years ago, he didn't have any fur on his back and he was one of the worst cruelty cases I had seen. Within a few months, he was back to full health and running about like any other daft spaniel would.

He was constant companion till I moved here, he even went to work with me and everything, leaving him was the hardest thing I have done as he just didn't understand why I left.

The thing that is killing me is not the fact he's 'to go to the bridge', it's the fact that I can't show him the kindest act of love I can do for him, it's my Mum that's doing it and it's my responsibility. I thought he had a few years left and would join me out here...

So if you have a dog, please do me a favour, and go give him or her a cuddle and tell them that you love them.

Big enough to say I'm away to cry myself to sleep.

Very sorry to hear that kiwififer, devastating news.

My grandad died a few weeks ago, and the only thing that was keeping me going immediately after was that if there is a heaven up there, he'll be having a grand time with my first dog, a wee mongrel called Sam, who was my Papa's favourite soul on Earth. Still think about both of them most days, and the people who say it's no the same as losing a relative are so wrong.

Hope it gets easier mate.

I grew up in a small village and most of my friends did the same at some point but my and my friends parents were of the opinion that we were better doing it there were everyone knew us and we were relativly safe and learn our lesson than when we arrived down in the big city.

In saying that the night I had to take someone to the hospital more pissed than anyone I know was scary.