Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest SavotheGreat

Contradicting advice.

Could someone please give me some advice.

Do the grades you receive in 3rd year count towards the final mark you receive after your honours year? Do you receive a mark at the end of your degree year, or is just a pass or fail?

It's amazing how many people don't know, including myself.

Contradicting advice.

Do the grades you receive in 3rd year count towards the final mark you receive after your honours year? Do you receive a mark at the end of your degree year, or is just a pass or fail?

I think it's different for every university. Your 3rd year definitely counted at St Andrews. Don't know about anywhere else.

Contradicting advice.

It does at Aberdeen Uni but not at RGU (thankfully!).

I think it's different for every university. Your 3rd year definitely counted at St Andrews. Don't know about anywhere else.

It does at Aberdeen Uni but not at RGU (thankfully!).

I would concur with both Debbie and SB. At RGU, third year basically got you a degree and honours was judged solely on your fourth year. At Aberdeen they do "Junior Honours" in third year and the full-blown variety in fourth, both counting towards your honours grade.

Guest SavotheGreat

Cheers Maverick - I wasn't a member then but feel much better knowing that the majority agree with me.

Debbie's post just about sums up the stupidity of them -

QUOTE(Debbie @ Jun 30 2006, 00:34)

That happens in Casualty a lot and it's usually things like 'Baby on Board' signs that save them.

:lol::lol:

I would concur with both Debbie and SB. At RGU, third year basically got you a degree and honours was judged solely on your fourth year. At Aberdeen they do "Junior Honours" in third year and the full-blown variety in fourth, both counting towards your honours grade.

Thanks, particularly Dave, clarifies things :)

:lol: Yes. :D It's true though (about it happening in Casualty a lot - not about Baby on Board signs being useful) - Casualty cracks me up!

:lol:

Casualty is hilarious.

Tbh, the most accurate medical drama on the tv is Green Wing, which is vaguely disturbing.

And no real-life doctors are as attractive as those in most medical dramas (esp. Grey's Anatomy) :ph34r:

Guest bairnbabe

Colleagues who insist on coming to work with a hangover. Ok, fine if you've got an occasional hangover at work but not 4 times within a week and a half. And shut up if you have got a hangover as there'll be no sympathy due to a hangover being largely self-inflicted.

And when you're worse than useless without a hangover, phone in sick when you've got one. :angry::angry:

Listen to the one thats talking.

You have done it in the past, fair enough not 4 times within a week and a half (tell them to contact their nearest AA clinic), but still you have went into work with a hangover before, and I remember you telling me that you were that bad, you got sent home.

As for the no sympathy part, you look for sympathy when you have a stinkng hangover, in fact its usually when your head is stuck down the loo after every night out you have been on! :P

Why? Was it shite or cancelled?

EDIT: Forget it, just seen the gigs thread.

Forget it you say? I can't! :(

That memory will be with me forever. Miles Hunt forgetting words to the songs, turning round to face the back of the stage during songs, singing with his eyes shut. stopping singing half way through a song like he couldn't be ersed, swigging from his wine bottle, not even acknowledging the fans, shouting to the band mates he's had enough and lets go after this one, then just storming off stage.

TWS were my heroes. Not now, I'm going to have a public burning of all things The Wonder Stuff and send the footage to Miles Hunt. There's a good reason his name rhymes with a bad swear word. Which I used on numerous occasions on the way home on Saturday night. I NEVER EVER use that word, I hate it but it seemed the only swear word appropriate! :angry:

Ticketmaster.

Was looking today for Rod Stewart tickets for the GF's Christmas.

Not only are the tickets £65 a pop (which I accept is not Ticketmaster's fault) but on top of that there is a service charge of £8 - per ticket!!!

So, for 2 tickets, it goes from £130 to £146! Add on the postal charges and it comes to just under £149 bucks, and that's using Standard (i.e. insecure) Post.

Robbing b*stards! At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask and a stripey jumper!

Edited by Gaz

I have a few moans this morning.

Stupid football managers that persist with formations that don't work :angry:

Arseholes that make a ten hour round trip just so they can moan about other supporters instead of watching the actual game :angry:

Found out yesterday my neighbours are moving after Christmas, and not the choob on one side either, our pals on the other. Absolutely gutted :(

I have a few moans this morning.

Found out yesterday my neighbours are moving after Christmas, aour pals on the other. Absolutely gutted :(

Ours moved a fortnight a go. Although we weren't in and out all the time we often shaerd a wee bottle of wine on a Friday night. Waved as they came and went and the oldest was in alot as he was into the same movies and thinks as hubby. We are really really missing them.

Edited by Rowan

Guest bairnbabe

Ours moved a fortnight a go. Although we weren't in and out all the time we often shaerd a bottle of wee on a Friday night. Waved as they came and went and the oldest was in alot as he was into the same movies and thinks as hubby. We are really really missing them.

:o Is that what they do through your way Rowan, Sharing a bottle of wee!!! :lol: