Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

50 minutes ago, HK Hibee said:

this annoys me.

When I get on a bus or tram here everyone sits on the seat nearest the aisle rather than sitting at the window- if you then ask them to move so you can sit at a window they generally don't or move their legs a little bit.  I make sure that I bang into them to discourage that sort of thing in the future.

That's also when an unexpected fart could be useful 

2 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

That could be risky as you might sit next to someone who actually believes. 

In Edinburgh? Well, it's possible, I suppose.  I know quite a few folk who would probably describe themselves as "culturally Presbyterian" but never actually darken the doors of a Kirk. The most religious friend I have is Roman Catholic who goes around claiming that everything nice he sees is a blessing from God, but he rarely comments on the "down" side of things. That'll be the "mysterious ways" aspect I suppose. 

Back on topic, if it's Edinburgh we are talking about, the only thing I could be pretty certain about is that if a stranger speaks to you on an Edinburgh tram or bus, they're probably NOT from Edinburgh. 😁.  

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

We have a similar problem, but it's even when our neighbours are in. If the dog is in the back garden, which meets our back garden on a long fence, the mutt seems to resent the intrusion of any bird, or even any neighbours being in their own gardens. The owners rarely if ever tell the wee diddy to shut it's pus.  What I can't understand is why the damn thing keeps shouting "Ralph, Ralph! There's no "Ralph" around here. 😁

Do you have a milkman called Ralph by any chance?

30 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

That could be risky as you might sit next to someone who actually believes. 

Pick a nice sect with uncommon beliefs (and for bomus points, a tendency to not shower a lot)...perhaps U.S. Southern Baptist in Europe, maybe Greek or Romanian Orthodox in the Americas, etc. Then select a nicely outlying bit of their schtick and roll with it...five minutes into's God hiding dinosaur bones in the earth or the only true Patriarch of the church and you'll be laughing.

2 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

this annoys me.

When I get on a bus or tram here everyone sits on the seat nearest the aisle rather than sitting at the window- if you then ask them to move so you can sit at a window they generally don't or move their legs a little bit.  I make sure that I bang into them to discourage that sort of thing in the future.

There is sometimes no option but to select somebody to simply stumble and sit on...Then complain loudly they tripped you. Not applicable to the more heavily armed portions of the world (aka USA, Mexico, Central America, some of South America, lots of Africa and Yeman).

As for packages or jackets on seats, they're made for sitting too.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Do you have a milkman called Ralph by any chance?

Hmmm..  unknown. We get 2 deliveries of milk a week but it arrives between about 2 and 4 am so "interaction" (ahem!) Is not impossible. However, given the speed the truck moves at, contact would be limited!

23 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Hmmm..  unknown. We get 2 deliveries of milk a week but it arrives between about 2 and 4 am so "interaction" (ahem!) Is not impossible. However, given the speed the truck moves at, contact would be limited!

As Gary Barlow once said, “it only takes a minute girl”.

On 12/06/2023 at 11:21, BTFD said:

I bought a 2XL 1994 Cameroon World Cup shirt twenty-odd years ago. It's been hanging in the wardrobe ever since; if I ever forced it on, I'm pretty sure I'd tear the stitching. I think the idea is that, if you're buying sports equipment, why would you be a fatty?

There are also plenty of manufacturers who assume that people grow wider, but not taller. The number of times I've not bought a T-shirt because their default length is too short for me, and going up to 6XL would just leave me with long, dangling sides and the underside of my gut airing out.

My neighbour joined a new football team recently, and had to buy kit. His brand new XL home top was too big, while the away top, also XL, was about two sizes too small. Neither pair of shorts fitted him either, with similar faults. They were the same kit from the same manufacturer, just with the colour palette reversed.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Me neighbours are out and their dog has been barking for 2 hours now.

Did you actually see them going out? Maybe they're lying dead in the living room and the dog is trying to attract help.

12 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Finally was getting on the bus when there were about 20 free seats being taken up by jackets, bags etc and not a single person moved anything to offer a seat. 

I'm sure Aberdeen is not alone in this but it appears increasingly that people are c***s 

They do that in Edinburgh, quite often it's females who do this. Well, go by taxi if you don't want someone sitting next to you 

Depending on what mood I'm in I'll either ask politely, stand and look grumpy which usually works or just sit down on the fucking bag/coat.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

Did you actually see them going out? Maybe they're lying dead in the living room and the dog is trying to attract help.

"What's that Lassie? The neighbours are bleeding to death and needing assistance? Well, I've always thought they were pr!cks and you can shut up and all"

Years ago someone informed me that he was nightshift and could not sleep during the day because his neighbours dogs barked constantly when left alone. I advised him to pet the dogs and give them some laxative chocolate. Neighbour comes home and finds his house covered in shite. Soon got rid of the dogs.

19 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

Years ago someone informed me that he was nightshift and could not sleep during the day because his neighbours dogs barked constantly when left alone. I advised him to pet the dogs and give them some laxative chocolate. Neighbour comes home and finds his house covered in shite. Soon got rid of the dogs.

Sounds like a couple of poor dugs have been caught between two utter wankers here tbh. 

19 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

this annoys me.

Yep...but quite strangely they sit next to folk they don't know in McDonald's with no issue.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

They do that in Edinburgh, quite often it's females who do this. Well, go by taxi if you don't want someone sitting next to you 

Depending on what mood I'm in I'll either ask politely, stand and look grumpy which usually works or just sit down on the fucking bag/coat.

Or just dump the bag/coat on the floor before you sit down.

7 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Continually getting emails about my PayPal or Twitter accounts.

I have neither, never have had.

I just binned one which proclaimed I could earn a new Oral B electric toothbrush if I filled in their short survey....

a scan over the link says its a .ru website..

A feckin free electric toothbrush, please tempt me with something decent...

sometimes you wish for the 'send me your details and I'll forward you £4,000,000' that some poor fecker can't get rid of...

5 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

I just binned one which proclaimed I could earn a new Oral B electric toothbrush if I filled in their short survey....

a scan over the link says its a .ru website..

A feckin free electric toothbrush, please tempt me with something decent...

sometimes you wish for the 'send me your details and I'll forward you £4,000,000' that some poor fecker can't get rid of...

Maybe they picked you because you're a Morton supporter, and the toothbrush was invented in Greenock.

(Anywhere else and it would have been called the teethbrush.)