Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

When you buy 2 t-shirts from a brand in the same size and style and they fit completely different 

This must absolute torture for people with a complex about their weight. Football shirts are particularly bad for it. Adidas for example, a few seasons ago Large was Large, XL was a bit bigger. Now XL is just a longer version of large, good for tall skinny folk, but no extra belly space, and XXL is a cape. That's not me getting bigger, coz the old shirt still fits the same. Macron are worse still, getting the average Scotsman into an XL is like getting an apple into a condom, I'd imagine

15 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

This must absolute torture for people with a complex about their weight. Football shirts are particularly bad for it. Adidas for example, a few seasons ago Large was Large, XL was a bit bigger. Now XL is just a longer version of large, good for tall skinny folk, but no extra belly space, and XXL is a cape. That's not me getting bigger, coz the old shirt still fits the same. Macron are worse still, getting the average Scotsman into an XL is like getting an apple into a condom, I'd imagine

Errea were the worst for this when we had them as a kit supplier. I’m between a medium and a large in our current Puma kits, tried on an old Errea top I had that was a 2XL and I could barely get it on. Different suppliers I know, but f**k knows who they were basing the sizing on 

I bought a 2XL 1994 Cameroon World Cup shirt twenty-odd years ago. It's been hanging in the wardrobe ever since; if I ever forced it on, I'm pretty sure I'd tear the stitching. I think the idea is that, if you're buying sports equipment, why would you be a fatty?

There are also plenty of manufacturers who assume that people grow wider, but not taller. The number of times I've not bought a T-shirt because their default length is too short for me, and going up to 6XL would just leave me with long, dangling sides and the underside of my gut airing out.

19 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

How much of a crapshoot it is when ordering food. Might be 20 minutes, might be 90.

(It has been 90 and still hasn't appeared)

Did you order rice or will you make your own?

Having a “cable TV” provider that constantly breaks into programming with “weather alerts” that you can’t disable. The problem is the geographic area they do this for makes 90% of the warnings irrelevant to me, and for that 10% I have other means of being warned. It’s freaking Texas, in the spring and summer these alerts happen every two to three days! Let my programming be!

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

This sign in Dunfermline.

Thought that beyond ~3 miles you stop counting the fractions?

PXL_20230612_1540556922.thumb.jpg.1b9ae93591615ecce62182fb82a158e7.jpg

That is petty tbf.

I see that’s another sign yet to be updated as well. None of the surrounding roads including the motorways have yet to update signage to The Queensferry Crossing. 

Seething does not come close.

🇬🇧🇬🇧👞👞

6 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

I went to a Blyth Spartans game last season if they had any older kit on sale. They did, but the guy explained there had been an error in the sizing and they'd had to relabel the shirts. He asked what size I usually was and said that would be roughly a seven XL, which he could sell for £25.00. I told him I'd been insulted in better places for less than that.

I took my custom elsewhere.

On 06/06/2023 at 17:03, Empty It said:

Weddings are another thing social media has fucked, weddings used to be about people enjoying themselves now its about trying to compete to have the best wedding with the most money spent on it.

You forgot "with the best people"...

Went for a long walk round Aberdeen yesterday and if I'd been Michael Douglas' character in Falling Down, the body count would've been very high.

First up was the jakey in Greggs who dropped his can of jakey lager on the floor, proceeded to pick up a few things, walk out the door without paying, then sit down outside against the window and start enjoying his pilfered goods. Couldn't really blame the staff for not getting involved, wasn't like they could resell the stuff after jakey hands had touched it and they don't get paid enough to deal with that shite. 

Next was the jakey with his jakey dog on Nelson St who when approaching a group of 3 teenagers playing a bit of keepy up in the street shouted at them for having the temerity to play football because his clearly shitely trained jakey dog was going mental because there was a ball being kicked around. 'Go and not kick your football until I'm past with my dog' The kids were quite polite and said they didn't see him coming and he went off on one at them. 

Finally was getting on the bus when there were about 20 free seats being taken up by jackets, bags etc and not a single person moved anything to offer a seat. 

I'm sure Aberdeen is not alone in this but it appears increasingly that people are c***s 

14 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Went for a long walk round Aberdeen yesterday and if I'd been Michael Douglas' character in Falling Down, the body count would've been very high.

First up was the jakey in Greggs who dropped his can of jakey lager on the floor, proceeded to pick up a few things, walk out the door without paying, then sit down outside against the window and start enjoying his pilfered goods. Couldn't really blame the staff for not getting involved, wasn't like they could resell the stuff after jakey hands had touched it and they don't get paid enough to deal with that shite. 

Next was the jakey with his jakey dog on Nelson St who when approaching a group of 3 teenagers playing a bit of keepy up in the street shouted at them for having the temerity to play football because his clearly shitely trained jakey dog was going mental because there was a ball being kicked around. 'Go and not kick your football until I'm past with my dog' The kids were quite polite and said they didn't see him coming and he went off on one at them. 

Finally was getting on the bus when there were about 20 free seats being taken up by jackets, bags etc and not a single person moved anything to offer a seat. 

I'm sure Aberdeen is not alone in this but it appears increasingly that people are c***s 

Correct not to pull a gun on them, well done. Did you not say anything though? Especially at the lad shouting at the weans?

On 12/06/2023 at 10:42, DG.Roma said:

Purchased a motherwell shirt 2 seasons ago and figured I'd go for an XL, felt like I was wearing a small man's top......

Yet I'm able to fit into large for almost everything else.

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

this annoys me.

When I get on a bus or tram here everyone sits on the seat nearest the aisle rather than sitting at the window- if you then ask them to move so you can sit at a window they generally don't or move their legs a little bit.  I make sure that I bang into them to discourage that sort of thing in the future.

48 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

What's  it saying?

We have a similar problem, but it's even when our neighbours are in. If the dog is in the back garden, which meets our back garden on a long fence, the mutt seems to resent the intrusion of any bird, or even any neighbours being in their own gardens. The owners rarely if ever tell the wee diddy to shut it's pus.  What I can't understand is why the damn thing keeps shouting "Ralph, Ralph! There's no "Ralph" around here. 😁