Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not getting why they've presumably had to spend a fortune on new hardware to issue the new tickets, when 95+% of customers just use their phones. 

Because the old hardware was about as reliable and accurate as Scottish Referees?

20 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Ah, Fitlike FM

Even just now there seems to be an increase in radio ads done in a "richt guid price" Doric style that seems to be setting a lot of folk off. 

The inconsistent use of Doric and English in a way that shows how clearly 'put-on' it all is can be quite annoying tbf.

Doric seems to be the absolute worst offender by miles, for having people making a big show of speaking it, then staring intently at you as a Southerner, desperate for you to say you can't understand. Attention seeking in a very pure form. 

Also, if the new Meghan Trainor song is worse than that last shite about Gucci and morning hair then I can't possibly inflict it on myself. I felt sure that was the worst song there could ever be. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Doric seems to be the absolute worst offender by miles, for having people making a big show of speaking it, then staring intently at you as a Southerner, desperate for you to say you can't understand. Attention seeking in a very pure form.

Fit's wrang wi you? Nihin wrang wi eh wy I spik chiel. Yer doo's nae peckin' is mornin cuv? 

Listened to a wee snippet of that Meghan Trainer song and, like the rest of her offerings, it is indeed utterly, utterly shite.

Never paid enough attention to work out the meaning of the lyrics, but singing "I am your mother", while pouting in a black gown with her tits hanging out seemed a bit, weird. 

Fans who want to be seen to be the first to celebrate a goal, more so ones that do the Y of the YMCA the second the boot makes contact with the ball, probably obscuring the view of whoever's behind.  

Seems to be a worse issue in the EFL.

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Fans who want to be seen to be the first to celebrate a goal, more so ones that do the Y of the YMCA the second the boot makes contact with the ball, probably obscuring the view of whoever's behind.  

Seems to be a worse issue in the EFL.

Everything is always worse in the tourist leagues.  I guess its just part of timing for them,  they can't risk actually celebrating a goal when the players come over,   so they celebrate early allowing time to get the phone out and film  ' limbs' for a 60th minute equalizer in a mid-table end of season clash.    With that done and the video posted online they can relax and get there 'can i get your shirt so to put on ebay' sign out. 

I'm sitting down the Ferry and two older women just walked past. The only part of the conversation I heard was "Couldn't believe he married her, she's Jewish and of course, Nick himself is a catholic".

The sooner that generation piss off, the better. 

4 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm sitting down the Ferry and two older women just walked past. The only part of the conversation I heard was "Couldn't believe he married her, she's Jewish and of course, Nick himself is a catholic".

Nick probably voted 'Yes' too.

29 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Eavesdropper! 
I just wanted to know if I could spell that! 

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm kind of the opposite. I've never knowingly met someone of Jewish faith. I'm not someone unduly concerned about God-botherers. 

On 01/04/2023 at 12:34, Smurph said:

Being bigger means they're easier to read and the QR code is a piece of piss to scan and use at the barriers (not that the card ticket is difficult).

They're still unnecessarily big though, they're not recyclable and you can no longer use them as a roach.

My friend had a party in 1999 and a mate cane down from Aberdeen and woke in the morning to find his train ticket home was used as a roach and he had to hide in to toilet all the way home 

38 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'm kind of the opposite. I've never knowingly met someone of Jewish faith. I'm not someone unduly concerned about God-botherers. 

Over the centuries, Jews have learned to keep their faith to themselves as much as possible. I'm guessing that's true for Muslims as well. We'll all have met plenty of practicing Jews without realising it.

It's downright hilarious when Christians in the UK or US pretend to be oppressed. There's a whole underlying level of everyday bigotry that most of us are never exposed to, and it's a bit of a shocker when people from other faiths decide to tell you about it.

2 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Over the centuries, Jews have learned to keep their faith to themselves as much as possible. I'm guessing that's true for Muslims as well. We'll all have met plenty of practicing Jews without realising it.

It's downright hilarious when Christians in the UK or US pretend to be oppressed. There's a whole underlying level of everyday bigotry that most of us are never exposed to, and it's a bit of a shocker when people from other faiths decide to tell you about it.

Agreed. See the ridiculous tweet from Murdo Fraser today complaining bitterly about Humza Yousaf being photographed attending Friday prayers. A Muslim First Minister is newsworthy, a monarch attending Kirk in Deeside, quite frankly isnae.

Having had a Nintendo DS with Mario Kart that has been out of battery, I'd been looking for a charger for ages.  Finally, found the charger yesterday, but now I can't find the DS.  By the time I've found the latter, it's almost a given that I'll have forgotten where I put the charger. 😒

Edited by Hedgecutter

24 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Having had a Nintendo DS with Mario Kart that has been out of battery, I'd been looking for a charger for ages.  Finally, found the charger yesterday, but now I can't find the DS.  By the time I've found the latter, it's almost a given that I'll have forgotten where I put the charger. 😒

Reply to this message with where you've put the charger. You can then search for that message when you find the DS and hence find the charger.

34 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Charger is in the drawer with all the old scuzz mags.