Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

If you go to watch a music act at a theatre and no one thinks to bring flags to wave, why the f**k do folk think it's OK to do this at music festivals?

Or getting lifted on someone’s shoulders.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Leaving the house early at the weekend and seeing the world going on as usual, clearly unwilling to share your tired woe.

I'm on my way to Hampden and feeling pretty, pretty chipper. 

Probably something to do with the Mighty men from the People's Republic of Methil winning last night and Scotland not having arsed it yet. 

12 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Cleaner just stole £40 from us :(

OK, I'll ask the P&B Massiv here,

My wife is disabled and I'm away from home a lot so we have a neighbour come in once a week to do a bit of light cleaning. Anyway, I have a dish I put all my loose change in and after about 3 years there was about £80 in it - I counted it with the grandkids a few weeks ago. This afternoon after the cleaner left, I noticed it looked like someone had scooped out a handful of coins. So I checked it - most of the 50p bits were gone and now there's only £38 in there.  Bugger. I'm not going to get the police involved because 1) it's a neighbour, it'll cause bad blood and how do I prove anything, 2) it's only £40. I think I'm just going to tell her we don't need her any more and not to come back. 

Is that reasonable? 

Doesn't matter if it's £40 or £1 IMO. Stealing from you in that position is scumbag behaviour. The only way I'd be letting her back in is if you can somehow set up a camera to catch her in the act so you're completely sure it's her that's stole from you. At that point if you don't want the agro just tell her not to come back. If you get any shit from he you've got the evidence as to why you don't want her in your house. 

Edited by 19QOS19

13 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

My wife is disabled and I'm away from home a lot so we have a neighbour come in once a week to do a bit of light cleaning. Anyway, I have a dish I put all my loose change in and after about 3 years there was about £80 in it - I counted it with the grandkids a few weeks ago. This afternoon after the cleaner left, I noticed it looked like someone had scooped out a handful of coins. So I checked it - most of the 50p bits were gone and now there's only £38 in there.  Bugger. I'm not going to get the police involved because 1) it's a neighbour, it'll cause bad blood and how do I prove anything, 2) it's only £40. I think I'm just going to tell her we don't need her any more and not to come back. 

Is that reasonable? 

Aye. 

It's either scumbag behaviour or someone pretty desperate. 

13 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Is that reasonable? 

Horrible situation to be in. 

It couldn't have been the grandkids or someone else?

You could copy what you have said here and put it through her door.

People who if they speak on telly you have to press mute;

Bungling Bonzo Johnson

Mad Moggo

Alan Carr

Claudia Wittering

Liz Trump

Giles Brandreth

The actual Trump

Tony Blair

Mad Mandelson

Edited by KirkieRR
Fatfinger

17 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Is that reasonable? 

Certain it was the cleaner?

22 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Is that reasonable? 

That's utterly disgraceful behaviour.

Leave a note in the dish, but make sure it's completely covered by coins. The note should say "I know what you did and I will murder you when you least expect it."

You may find that she says she says she's no longer able to clean for you anymore.

Problem solved without any awkward conversations.

I‘m normally quite a placid guy and it takes me a while to get properly worked up, but I’m fucking livid at the binmen not emptying my bin this morning. With a newborn in the house the bin is filling like I wouldn’t believe and I don’t have time for this fucking shit. 

On 24/03/2023 at 19:37, Newbornbairn said:

Is that reasonable? 

Make sure you get the key back if she has one, and don't accuse her, just in case it was the grandchildren.