Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 14/02/2023 at 15:45, 19QOS19 said:

Queuing in the bank earlier and overheard the conversation between a guy and the teller:- 

Teller: Working today? 

Man: Aye I'll probably be out later. I only work 3 days a week. 

Teller: Lucky you! 

Man: Ah well a technically retired 3 years ago but ended up going back because I'm just bored if I sit at home. 

f**k off! And f**k anyone with this view. Get a hobby ya dick. 

On 14/02/2023 at 17:08, TxRover said:

Amusingly most retired lads I know end up going back to consult or train/teach part time after a year or two retired saying they’re bored. I think they’ve just realized being at home with the Mrs. Isn’t what they thought it would be!

I really don't understand how folk find it so hard to fill their time that working is the best option. Sad c***s.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I really don't understand how folk find it so hard to fill their time that working is the best option. Sad c***s.

Some people do work they enjoy on the side in retirement,  nothing wrong with that.

Edited by TxRover

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sainsburys in Larbert changing the self checkouts to this fucked up arrangement where the newly shrunk packing scale is directly underneath the scanner, with about 12 inches clearance if your lucky. Absolutely fucking awful set up

Local Tesco got self check outs recently, there’s 3 and a guy was completely blocking one while his mate used the other, then when he was done he started using the same one rather than the one he was standing over the whole fucking time. People also love taking ages at them when they’re done, pick up your stuff and walk away, don’t put everything in the bag, put your card back in the purse, put the purse in your hand bag and fix your hair all standing over. It’s possible to walk and do other things at the same time. 

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Some people do work they enjoy on the side in retirement,  nothing wrong with that.

With luck/decent saving I'll give The Man 27 more years. He can get fucked after that. If I do find difficulty filling my days after that (I struggle to imagine that'll be the case mind you) then I'd do charity work first tbh.  

37 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

With luck/decent saving I'll give The Man 27 more years. He can get fucked after that. If I do find difficulty filling my days after that (I struggle to imagine that'll be the case mind you) then I'd do charity work first tbh.  

Bookmarked 

My boiler in the caravan packed before Xmas and the company that fitted it said it could not be fixed and it was not under warranty,they wanted £2250 to replace it.

I got in touch with Glow Worm,they sent an engineer out today and all it was was a £1 washer in the heater exchanger and as the boiler is less than a year old is covered under warranty.

IMG-20230216-WA0003.jpeg

Edited by Andy Dufresne

6 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

My boiler in the caravan packed before Xmas and the company that fitted it said it could not be fixed and it was not under warranty,they wanted £2250 to replace it.

I got in touch with Glow Worm,they sent an engineer out today and all it was was a £1 washer in the heater exchanger and as the boiler is less than a year old is covered under warranty.

IMG-20230216-WA0003.jpeg

£1 for that? You've been done. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I used to think exactly that way, but now I see why this happens…not saying I’ll do it, not saying I won’t.

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

IMG-20230216-WA0003.jpeg

If @BFTD was still around, we'd have been 90 minutes into posts about cock rings by now. 

Maybe a bit more than petty, but my phone slipped out of my hand when waiting at the bus stop after work this evening. Thought it would be ok as it is in a case, however the screen is totally fucked. It's not cracked so probably internal damage.