Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

The last 2 places I've lived have the most annoying habit amongst mid-late teens where they put on fake American accents when the closest 99.9% of them have been to America is having a McDonald's. 

Do they maybe learn their English off American TV shows?

20 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Fan-made "highlights" videos from football matches posted to YouTube. 

There's a chunt who makes highlights videos that look legitimate. I click on them and it's a FIFA rerun of the same match.

He should get the jail for that. Awful behaviour.

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

There's a chunt who makes highlights videos that look legitimate. I click on them and it's a FIFA rerun of the same match.

See also plane crash footage. 

“footage of 767 bursting into flames”

(on Psion Flight Simulator)

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I got caught out yesterday and clicked on a video that was obviously taken with a Nokia 3310 from the back of out South stand. Seems an odd thing to post when we have free highlights from falkirktv.

So newer LG washers and dryers play a little musical ditty called “The Lincolnshire Poacher” when their cycle ends. I’ve checked, there’s no option to change its volume or choice of tune. I’m getting quite close to surgery, but the speaker is also used for diagnostics if something goes wrong…

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

So newer LG washers and dryers play a little musical ditty called “The Lincolnshire Poacher” when their cycle ends. I’ve checked, there’s no option to change its volume or choice of tune. I’m getting quite close to surgery, but the speaker is also used for diagnostics if something goes wrong…

The "Lincolnshire Poacher" was a British Intelligence Service numbers station operating from Cyprus sending codes to 007 types. It played the tune as a sort of calling card.

If your washing machine gets blown up by Putin then you'll know why.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Lovely cheese.  Have some on Bath Olivers with plum chutney each time the cycle finishes.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The "Lincolnshire Poacher" was a British Intelligence Service numbers station operating from Cyprus sending codes to 007 types. It played the tune as a sort of calling card.

If your washing machine gets blown up by Putin then you'll know why.

I remember Golden Wonder using the tune in one of their animated ads, with a crisp getting married to a pickled onion and his father 'welcoming' her to the family with a really lecherous expression on his face. Tried to find it on YouTube but it's not there.

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yes, but it gets on my nerves as it's so fake and done to make people think they are American.  Hard to believe we live in a world where there are people who are not American still want people to think they are.  I'd be putting on a Russian accent or something like that to disguise my true origins. 

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

Best 😡 Angry GIFs - find & share on Gifer

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

When I was an exchange student in Sweden, there was a guy who had a very strong American accent when he spoke in English. I asked him if he had ever been there and he said no - his accent was purely from TV. 

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yes, but it gets on my nerves as it's so fake and done to make people think they are American.  Hard to believe we live in a world where there are people who are not American still want people to think they are.  I'd be putting on a Russian accent or something like that to disguise my true origins. 

You should dole out copies of Still Game to your neighbours. 

7 hours ago, GordonD said:

I remember Golden Wonder using the tune in one of their animated ads, with a crisp getting married to a pickled onion and his father 'welcoming' her to the family with a really lecherous expression on his face. Tried to find it on YouTube but it's not there.

https://www.hatads.org.uk/catalogue/record/94db9377-2872-4fec-825d-1e792d65e6a1