Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

44 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Stuff like this, which, in my opinion, is at all-time record levels in your dealings with many businesses these days… the car needed a non-essential trim part replaced, under warranty. Dealership orders the part. They e-mail me a month later to inform me the part has arrived, and I should contact them to book it in…. I ask for the service department, get put on hold, eventually someone comes on to say they’re busy, can someone call me back. Fine - no-one calls back. I phone them the following morning, explain no-one called me back. They put me through to service again… sit on hold, eventually someone comes back on… ‘service is busy, can I get someone to call you back on this number’… I explain that no-one called me back yesterday, but she assures me someone will. Later that day, service department phones me back. After explaining the situation, they say ‘you need to speak to our parts department’. - ‘Oh, but they contacted me to say the part was in, and I need to book the car in for you to fit the part… ‘Yeah, but because they ordered the part, they’ll confirm the part is in, then put your call through to us again to make the booking’… ‘But they already e-mailed me to say it WAS in’… ‘I’ll put you through to parts’…

’Hello, parts department, how can I help you’…. I explain the quandry… ‘Yeah, the part is here, hold on until I transfer you back to service’… ‘Ring ring, ring ring, ring, ring…. Pfttttzzzzz… line goes dead. I phone back - ‘Service is busy, can I get them to call you back?’

I swear on my life… If anyone on here ever contemplates dealing with Arnold Clark Mazda, Kerse Road, Stirling…. Don’t.

It’s at that point that I’d seriously consider parking the car in the middle of their entry drive, getting out, and walking to the service desk…”Hi, I’m going to leave it parked there until you and the parts department can get together and schedule my repair, OK?”

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s at that point that I’d seriously consider parking the car in the middle of their entry drive, getting out, and walking to the service desk…”Hi, I’m going to leave it parked there until you and the parts department can get together and schedule my repair, OK?”

Aye, I know… and, I know it’s Arnold Clark and all, but I never bought the car from them… but it’s the nearest Mazda dealership to me, so they are authorised to carry out warranty repairs as a Mazda dealer. A lot of shite though, to replace an overhead sunglasses holder thing that the spring fell out of. It’s not just Arnold Clark though. Jesus, trying to speak to an actual human being who can help at QuoteMeHappy insurance, British Airways, or Barclaycard, to name but three.

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Aye, I know… and, I know it’s Arnold Clark and all, but I never bought the car from them… but it’s the nearest Mazda dealership to me, so they are authorised to carry out warranty repairs as a Mazda dealer. A lot of shite though, to replace an overhead sunglasses holder thing that the spring fell out of. It’s not just Arnold Clark though. Jesus, trying to speak to an actual human being who can help at QuoteMeHappy insurance, British Airways, or Barclaycard, to name but three.

With that one, that’s the whole business model, though? The premium is cheaper because there are no staff on the other end of a phone, because it’s an online only brand. 

10 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

With that one, that’s the whole business model, though? The premium is cheaper because there are no staff on the other end of a phone, because it’s an online only brand. 

Yup, but someone slammed into the side of me at a roundabout, no injuries, but one side of my car panned in. Incident was actually witnessed by a police car that just happened to be behind me at the roundabout. Initially, getting the car repaired etc was pretty smooth and done entirely online… then, after admitting liability, the other party decided to change their mind and argue it wasn’t their fault. At that point, human beings became involved…. a nightmare. Incident happened in 2020, was settled completely in my favour two years later. There are people behind the online brand, and, like many companies - that’s you, British Airways - most things are OK when there’s no specific issue, and you’re just clicking fields on their website… but as soon as there’s a problem? Everything goes right down the pan and they turn to shite.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Yup, but someone slammed into the side of me at a roundabout, no injuries, but one side of my car panned in. Incident was actually witnessed by a police car that just happened to be behind me at the roundabout. Initially, getting the car repaired etc was pretty smooth and done entirely online… then, after admitting liability, the other party decided to change their mind and argue it wasn’t their fault. At that point, human beings became involved…. a nightmare. Incident happened in 2020, was settled completely in my favour two years later. There are people behind the online brand, and, like many companies - that’s you, British Airways - most things are OK when there’s no specific issue, and you’re just clicking fields on their website… but as soon as there’s a problem? Everything goes right down the pan and they turn to shite.

I think the insurance thing is normal to drag out. I had someone try to claim whiplash for them and a non existent lasseno on a 2mph touching of bumpers. 

Took them three months after to claim and then another 18months before it was finally thrown out.

In 2019, a car ran into the back of our Duster. 

£4k of damage to the other car (a Vauxhall).

£0 damage to the Duster. Not even a scratch. 

The insurance sorted it all out and it was quick and painless for us as it was a clear cut case and nobody was arguing about liability. 

But for most cases I imagine insurance people must get really annoyed trying to sort out who is telling the truth and who isn't.

AdeptOrderlyAmethystgemclam-size_restric

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Initially, getting the car repaired etc was pretty smooth and done entirely online…

Wow, they can do anything online these days. In times gone by you'd have had to take it to a garage.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Andy Walker, specifically him repeatedly pronouncing Tannadice as “Tannadeechee” in what I can only assume is some poor attempt at humour?

It's an old joke from his playing days- an English commentator supposedly pronounced Tannadice as "Tannadeechee" when Dundee United had their great European runs in the 1980s. 

48 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's an old joke from his playing days- an English commentator supposedly pronounced Tannadice as "Tannadeechee" when Dundee United had their great European runs in the 1980s. 

Dont think it was a commentator. Was it not one of the News at 10 newsreaders? I seem to remember it at the time (Sandy Gall or the likes).

Modern 'Road furniture', specifically railings that mean you have to walk miles round to an official crossing. I get that it's better for young children and OAPs to press the button and use the lights but most adults are capable of crossing a road without getting mown down.

49 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Dont think it was a commentator. Was it not one of the News at 10 newsreaders? I seem to remember it at the time (Sandy Gall or the likes).

Yes it was it was Martin Lewis.  I think he thought it was an away tie against possibly an Eastern European team. 

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Folk that don't flush the toilet after going for a piss, if you don't want to flush in your house then bash on but in a shared toilet at work flush you dirty c***s.

If its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down.

If its green, make sure its seen.  If its red, you'll soon be dead.

Not my words, the words of Dr Harold Shipman.