Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Gangster movies try to make them seem almost honourable and just cheeky lads who indulge in a bit of crime but who have a strict moral code.

In reality they're all stinking wee bully cowards consumed by greed.

Aye the whole "criminal code" when in reality they'd grass everyone involved for 2 days off their sentence and a fiver. 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Gianluca Vialli dies and it's reported as "Ex Chelsea boss Vialli dies". I think he had a pretty good career and was certainly well known here before going to Stamford Bridge.

Can you image the English seethe if Ian Wright died and the Daily Record has "Bit part Celtic player passes away" because that would be equivalent. 

Don't be ridiculous.

It would be, "PARADISE MOURNS FALLEN HERO WRIGHT".

10 hours ago, scottsdad said:

By the same token, my old man cannot watch police shows. The inaccuracies just annoyed him.

For me, I cannot watch any of the CSI shows. Show made in the early to mid 2000s saying you can have DNA results in a few hours... You can (to a limited extent) now, but not then. 

I used to hate the CSI shows for that reason, but then I saw the Miami one and realised they're comedies.

The Cyber one is the best. If you've any IT knowledge whatsoever, it's the funniest thing this side of Airplane!

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is why things like Gomorrah are good. Every single character is an irredeemable scumbag capable of nothing but evil. 

How dare you speak of my darling Ciro like such.

26 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Haven't seen it. Decent?

Best series you'll ever watch, bar none.

Watching Trainspotting and Trainspotting 2 was similar for me as being an Edinburgh man I could notice all the Glasgow backgrounds.

There's an exterior shot in Trainspotting 2 of Sick Boy's pub which is supposedly in North Edinburgh. A train goes past. The last trains in North Edinburgh would have ran in the 1960s (how's that for Trainspotting!)

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There's an exterior shot in Trainspotting 2 of Sick Boy's pub which is supposedly in North Edinburgh. A train goes past. The last trains in North Edinburgh would have ran in the 1960s (how's that for Trainspotting!)

Posts like this are why I fucking love this forum.

32 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Watching Trainspotting and Trainspotting 2 was similar for me as being an Edinburgh man I could notice all the Glasgow backgrounds.

Take it as a compliment that they can’t find places shite enough in Edinburgh to be convincing. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Gangster movies try to make them seem almost honourable and just cheeky lads who indulge in a bit of crime but who have a strict moral code.

In reality they're all stinking wee bully cowards consumed by greed.

Everybody like Paulie in the Sopranos, but he was an utter p***k

Watching Dorking v Oldham and the commentator is a Sarf Landan p***k.

One of the Oldham players is Ben Tollitt, the p***k keeps calling him toilet, he even called him toolkit at one point.

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

On 05/01/2023 at 22:17, Derry Alli said:

There's a poster on here who rocked up and gibbered pish in his clubs topic, fair enough. He's now taken to the rest of the board and is clearly just googling everything trying to make himself seem intelligent and/or interesting.

Still at it 

'Look at me' randoms desperate to upload 'look where I've been' videos onto YouTube, ultimately diluting out the proper informative videos of yesteryear by genuine experts that are now trickier to find thanks to 'Carl' reciting an abysmally pronounced excerpt from Wikipedia.  That's if you can hear it across that irritating as f*** noise caused by the strong wind.

26 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

'Look at me' randoms desperate to upload 'look where I've been' videos onto YouTube, ultimately diluting out the proper informative videos of yesteryear by genuine experts that are now trickier to find thanks to 'Carl' reciting an abysmally pronounced excerpt from Wikipedia.  That's if you can hear it across that irritating as f*** noise caused by the strong wind.

Similarly, those that say "City tour of Montpellier" or wherever and it's a 45 minute video of them walking around with the camera pointing at their face the whole time. p***ks. 

On 07/01/2023 at 00:42, scottsdad said:

By the same token, my old man cannot watch police shows. The inaccuracies just annoyed him.

For me, I cannot watch any of the CSI shows. Show made in the early to mid 2000s saying you can have DNA results in a few hours... You can (to a limited extent) now, but not then. 

my dad was a polis and while watching the bill he got annoyed if the coppers came round the corner and something was going on 100 metres away and they shouted OY!! and gave them a head start.

19 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

my dad was a polis and while watching the bill he got annoyed if the coppers came round the corner and something was going on 100 metres away and they shouted OY!! and gave them a head start.

Everybody knows procedure is to turn back in most circumstances.

Stuff like this, which, in my opinion, is at all-time record levels in your dealings with many businesses these days… the car needed a non-essential trim part replaced, under warranty. Dealership orders the part. They e-mail me a month later to inform me the part has arrived, and I should contact them to book it in…. I ask for the service department, get put on hold, eventually someone comes on to say they’re busy, can someone call me back. Fine - no-one calls back. I phone them the following morning, explain no-one called me back. They put me through to service again… sit on hold, eventually someone comes back on… ‘service is busy, can I get someone to call you back on this number’… I explain that no-one called me back yesterday, but she assures me someone will. Later that day, service department phones me back. After explaining the situation, they say ‘you need to speak to our parts department’. - ‘Oh, but they contacted me to say the part was in, and I need to book the car in for you to fit the part… ‘Yeah, but because they ordered the part, they’ll confirm the part is in, then put your call through to us again to make the booking’… ‘But they already e-mailed me to say it WAS in’… ‘I’ll put you through to parts’…

’Hello, parts department, how can I help you’…. I explain the quandry… ‘Yeah, the part is here, hold on until I transfer you back to service’… ‘Ring ring, ring ring, ring, ring…. Pfttttzzzzz… line goes dead. I phone back - ‘Service is busy, can I get them to call you back?’

I swear on my life… If anyone on here ever contemplates dealing with Arnold Clark Mazda, Kerse Road, Stirling…. Don’t.

Edited by pozbaird