Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I read that two bids for the recently closed Filmhouse have been knocked back.

The Filmhouse being a nice piece of real estate in central Edinburgh you just know it's going to end up as a f*cking hotel or student accommodation. 

Bloody Disneyland. I should move West, at least they have proper music venues and the GFT.

On 17/12/2022 at 10:05, The Skelpit Lug said:

The two strips of adhesive that stick the Mojo free cd to the front cover really annoys me. There's no way to get the cd off without ripping the cover.

Thoughts you've inspired today:

1. "Hey, I remember having that problem back in the Nineties"
  2. "Wait, Mojo still put CDs on their cover?"
  3. "Whoa, Mojo magazine still exists?"
  4. "Hold on, you can still buy magazines?"
  5. "Holy shit, there's a guy on P&B who has a time machine"

31 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Thoughts you've inspired today:

1. "Hey, I remember having that problem back in the Nineties"
  2. "Wait, Mojo still put CDs on their cover?"
  3. "Whoa, Mojo magazine still exists?"
  4. "Hold on, you can still buy magazines?"
  5. "Holy shit, there's a guy on P&B who has a time machine"

Damn. Note to self "check year before posting".

13 minutes ago, Shearompal1970 said:

As the end of a long day takes shape, the mind begins to wander. Our thoughts turn inward. Moments like these to make good times bad and bad times good read more information. It is my hope that you will find some inspiration from these little things that get on your nerves.

Can I borrow a tenner?

25 minutes ago, Shearompal1970 said:

As the end of a long day takes shape, the mind begins to wander. Our thoughts turn inward. Moments like these to make good times bad and bad times good read more information. It is my hope that you will find some inspiration from these little things that get on your nerves.

At least you picked an appropriate thread. 

Got a couple of parcels coming from the US. The United States Postal Service tracking says they've arrived at Heathrow. Royal Mail and Parcelforce say the respective parcels are still in the States. I'm now led to believe there's major delays at the Heathrow international mail handling centre. 

Looks like we'll be getting these parcels sometime in the New Year. Father-in-law is fuming because he paid extra for expedited service.

44 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Bought a 5 litre bottle of screenwash and put it in the boot of my car. At some point it fell on its side and 4/5 of it has spilled out. 

The boot and the back seats are soaking, and it smells awful. 

But at least they'll be clean.

7 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Got a couple of parcels coming from the US. The United States Postal Service tracking says they've arrived at Heathrow. Royal Mail and Parcelforce say the respective parcels are still in the States. I'm now led to believe there's major delays at the Heathrow international mail handling centre. 

Looks like we'll be getting these parcels sometime in the New Year. Father-in-law is fuming because he paid extra for expedited service.

Posted a parcel to my son in Canada two weeks ago today. According to the tracker it's still in the post office I sent it from...

1 hour ago, scw1987 said:

Posted a parcel to my son in Canada two weeks ago today. According to the tracker it's still in the post office I sent it from...

6 weeks a ago I ordered an outside light from a shop, who said it'll come from the supplier (The Netherlands I think) around first week in December. Checked today and according to the shop it has been dispatched, but in a 30,000 package backlog in the courier's Edinburgh distribution hub.

12 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Bought a 5 litre bottle of screenwash and put it in the boot of my car. At some point it fell on its side and 4/5 of it has spilled out. 

The boot and the back seats are soaking, and it smells awful. 

If you can take the carpet out, do so…hang it up and pressure wash it…let it dry, and then use something like Shout Oxy Clean or the Turtle Wax Carpet Cleaner (with the bristle brush) to scrub the carpet. If you can’t get it out, let it air and dry, then use one of those cleaners heavily and follow up with a wet vac or specific carpet cleaner machine to help draw out the residue. Good luck, but the carpet may shrink.