Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

01rolrj6854a1.jpg

The crisps - my God, who opens them this way?

Australians? And you'd need damn good eyesight (or be a dachshund) to read the small print relating to the * and **

* Crisp packets cannot be opened at the top of the bag.

** Fresh Fruit is available as tomato ketchup on the bleugh looking toastie.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Sky's Soccer Saturday is pretty bad for it, and there are plenty of examples where there's been sufficient space.  A quick Google search picks up on the Ayr and Oxford Utd below, for example:

Report: Sky Have Selected Their First Soccer Saturday Panel Of The New  Season | Balls.ie

TBF, Colchester, Peterborough, and Luton could all complain too.

2 hours ago, Markka said:
3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:
Sky's Soccer Saturday is pretty bad for it, and there are plenty of examples where there's been sufficient space.  A quick Google search picks up on the Ayr and Oxford Utd below, for example:
report-sky-have-selected-their-first-soccer-saturday-panel-of-the-new-season.jpg

In that specific example, I'd think it could be because Oxford City may occasionally appear on the vidiprinter, whereas (thankfully) there's only one Ayr.

I've definitely seen Annan Athletic and (just) Forfar* in recent months, and I seriously doubt the extra letter is a factor.  Brechin used to frequently have the City dropped too.

*Forfar WE JFC potentially seething.

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've definitely seen Annan Athletic and (just) Forfar* in recent months, and I seriously doubt the extra letter is a factor.  Brechin used to frequently have the City dropped too.

*Forfar WE JFC potentially seething.

Forfar Farmington Fewming FC

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk calling a robin 'a robin red-breast'.

Just call it a robin, you c***s.

The name Robin red-breast is to separate the Erithicalus Rubecula from the robin cnuts, or utility companies as they are more commonly known

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

As a southpaw how could I stab you if I'm walking on the left, eh? You've got to consider these things. 

That's exactly the reason we walk on the left. Left handers are generally nutters who would stab you as soon as look at you. Why make it easier for them?

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

That's exactly the reason we walk on the left. Left handers are generally nutters who would stab you as soon as look at you. Why make it easier for them?

This is true. Remember that the Latin for 'left' is 'sinister'.

Receive an email asking if I know about something. I reply saying no, but copy in someone who does know about it and directing the original emailer to them. 

Now I am copied into every back and forth in this chain until it fizzles out. And it's tedious gibberish. 

41 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Receive an email asking if I know about something. I reply saying no, but copy in someone who does know about it and directing the original emailer to them. 

Now I am copied into every back and forth in this chain until it fizzles out. And it's tedious gibberish. 

Yes it is.

21 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I got a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezo

I ripped off a damaged toenail last night. One side picked off with ease, but the other side was well attached (kind of like an advent calendar door) and required about a dozen twists to break off.

Seemed like a good idea after a few nips.  Not so much today.