Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

14 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

People plastering Elf on the Shelf all over social media as if anyone not their child actually cares about their shite japes.

Begs the question - are they doing it for their kids entertainment or for themselves?

If they put it on social media then the question answers itself. Look at me culture at its worst.  

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

People plastering Elf on the Shelf all over social media as if anyone not their child actually cares about their shite japes.

Begs the question - are they doing it for their kids entertainment or for themselves?

A rhetorical questions I assume? 

I always thought elf on a shelf was a weird thing to entertain kids, telling them there's a wee creepy doll who's going to do things when they sleep doesn't scream Christmas fun to me but it seems to work. 
That's how I think about it. I'd be shitting myself as a kid thinking this wee thing is running around my house at night. My two girls absolutely love it though.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

'Likes'.

It's always likes.

These hand/lip-shredding sticky-outy bits on plastic bottles that I've noticed have become more and more of a thing of late.  Need a file or Stanley* knife to remove them.

881002440_PXL_20221203_1152063322.thumb.jpg.0c9fcfb02860fcf56cd9cf4788668a68.jpg

*similar products made by other manufacturers may be available.

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

These f***ing lip-tearing sticky-outy bits on plastic bottles that I've noticed have become more and more of a thing of late.

881002440_PXL_20221203_1152063322.thumb.jpg.0c9fcfb02860fcf56cd9cf4788668a68.jpg

Need a file or Stanley* knife to remove them.

*similar products made by other manufacturers may be available.

They're supposed to be like that, the lid stays attached so the whole thing can be recycled.

On 02/12/2022 at 11:22, Craig fae the Vale said:

Asked for a half day at work today because we're quiet this afternoon and was denied.

One of my colleagues has just been told she can have the half day. Not sure why I was denied since I asked before she did.

She's probably got bigger tits than you...

This is purely for deviants IMO.

1. Who leaves the lid on when they're drinking from a bottle?

2. Who take the lid off and walks away with just the bottle?

I don't think I've ever put a bottle in the bin without the lid attached.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This is purely for deviants IMO.

1. Who leaves the lid on when they're drinking from a bottle?

You do, now.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

2. Who take the lid off and walks away with just the bottle?

The people who take it off and chuck it when they're about to finish the bottle.

The catering pack Bovril cups seem to have got thinner recently.  Resulting in you being unable to hold them having purchased said cup. That, accompanied with an ill fitting lid is just the icing on the cake. Now it could be a cost thing. Or an environment thing. Either is not a good enough reason to be scalding my hands. 

Next week I'll just pay to have hot bovril poured on my hands, the result will be much the same. 

:)

2 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

The catering pack Bovril cups seem to have got thinner recently.  Resulting in you being unable to hold them having purchased said cup. That, accompanied with an ill fitting lid is just the icing on the cake. Now it could be a cost thing. Or an environment thing. Either is not a good enough reason to be scalding my hands. 

Next week I'll just pay to have hot bovril poured on my hands, the result will be much the same. 

:)

Can we watch?