Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Aye it’s a massive tourist trap. They’re not daft. They know dopey cunts from down south will pay their extortionate prices. 

47 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Folk who sell their vehicles untaxed or SORNed. Are they expecting potential buyers to take it for a test drive illegally? Infuriating.

It's legal to drive an untaxed vehicle to an MOT test but I wouldn't be relying on that defence too much...

Actually there's plenty of cnuts driving about untaxed and uninsured and that's just the ones the polis catch that we know about.

25 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

People who refer to a country in Northern Europe as 'Holland'..... fucking no such country, it's called The Netherlands, this annoys me far greater than it should in fairness  

a) 'Holland' immediately conjures up imagery of a wee cheeky-chirpy Lahndahn cock sparra playing annoying boogie-woogie piano......... F*ck. That.

b)'The Netherlands' = Nether Regions = pix of a naked Mary Millington with what appeared to be a coypu in her lap. 

No, the country presently referred to as 'Holland' or 'The Netherlands' needs to be renamed.

I suggest either 'Doobieland' or '33%BelowSeaLevelLand'.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The fish and chip shop in front of the main building was charging £40 for a lobster supper in August.

Was £22 when I stopped other week. I had haddock and chips for £9 which I thought reasonable.

14 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

People who refer to a country in Northern Europe as 'Holland'..... fucking no such country, it's called The Netherlands, this annoys me far greater than it should in fairness  

Huge - found this out a week ago and desperate to drop it into conversation vibes.

0_1-02.jpg

On 03/10/2022 at 21:04, Granny Danger said:

I got 110% for my maths prelim.

Little wonder you were so close with your Covid forecasts...

9 hours ago, RH33 said:

Was £22 when I stopped other week. I had haddock and chips for £9 which I thought reasonable.

I think that's a bit dear, tbh. (Maybe not in the context of this particular eating establishment by all accounts, but I'd be expecting something special for that sort of money.)

22 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think that's a bit dear, tbh. (Maybe not in the context of this particular eating establishment by all accounts, but I'd be expecting something special for that sort of money.)

Proper thick fresh haddock.

44 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

You're thinking of the venison bites.

£9 for a fish supper in a SIMD 7 zone catering to the well heeled is probably decent enough.

Venison isn't expensive. You get a lot of meat off a couple of bucks.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

It's the same with that Brodie Countryfare place in Forres, just extortionate shite.

Someone told me the food just down the road at the Old Mill Inn is top notch, still expensive but you get what you pay for, unlike Brodies. He had the Sunday lunch.