Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I had occasion to be in Waitrose earlier.

It's not like I didn't know what the place was about before, but f**k me that must be the snobbiest environment iv ever set foot in.

It is, but f**k me they have good selection of food and drink.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Our 'local shop for local people' actually sells Waitrose products. Up until about 6 months ago it was Co-Op they had some tie-in with, then suddenly it was Waitrose.

Not that I buy anything there.............................apart from the occasional boatil...........

Mines has an Aulds. For the record I had a Steak Pie and Fudge Donut for lunch 

Reminds me I need to go to Waitrose as I’ve promised the kids a tartiflette and Sainsbury hasn’t had a Roblechon for about three months.

Harvey Nics in Edinburgh was way more snobby. Security guard followed me and the wife around because we clearly looked like we couldn’t afford anything in there. Bought a wee box of sweets for about a fiver in the end.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Reminds me I need to go to Waitrose as I’ve promised the kids a tartiflette and Sainsbury hasn’t had a Roblechon for about three months.

Harvey Nics in Edinburgh was way more snobby. Security guard followed me and the wife around because we clearly looked like we couldn’t afford anything in there. Bought a wee box of sweets for about a fiver in the end.

I sincerely hope your trip is fruitful. One can't simply make their offspring bold promises of tartiflette then fail to deliver. Dashed hopes of some decent Reblochon could scar those young 'uns irreparably. They obviously know their Laughing Cow from their Babybel, and fobbing them off with a shitty Port Salut or such just won't wash. Wishing you the very best of luck in your quest.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

I sincerely hope your trip is fruitful. One can't simply make their offspring bold promises of tartiflette then fail to deliver. Dashed hopes of some decent Reblochon could scar those young 'uns irreparably. They obviously know their Laughing Cow from their Babybel, and fobbing them off with a shitty Port Salut or such just won't wash. Wishing you the very best of luck in your quest.

Thanks man. 

A long held gripe is commentators employed to ply their "craft" in English football being utterly unable to describe a player with a monosyllabic surname without prefacing it with their first name.

The fuckwit who was employed to do the Wolves/Brighton game said "Solly March" about half a dozen times.

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

A long held gripe is commentators employed to ply their "craft" in English football being utterly unable to describe a player with a monosyllabic surname without prefacing it with their first name.

The fuckwit who was employed to do the Wolves/Brighton game said "Solly March" about half a dozen times.

With a silent "r" no doubt. 

I also don't get why they can't pronounce fairly simple surnames. Moore for example becomes "Mow". 

It's very rare that I watch any English football, so when I do there have been a few times I've assumed the person has a double-barrelled surname.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Venti said:
Folk who say "meta".

I actually once googled what it meant after seeing it used to describe a situation, and tbh, I still don't know what it means.

Isn't it a kind of cheese?