Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

That was always my attitude whenever I was going, Yes/No/Maybe! :lol:

A mate of mine, through AA, always said a good dose of Chritianity would "cure" most alcoholics. After all, AA evolved from the Oxford Groups, an evangelical Chrisitian association, and AA added on 2 more steps to their 10.

What bugged me about AA was the controlling sponsors - usually of women by men - who vicariously ran other people's lives. I never got a sponsor, nor did I sponsor anybody else.

A lot of creeps in AA, tbh particularly men preying on women, but also a lot of good folk, just like any group of flawed people.

Found the same. There can be a lot of vulnerable people there. I found it helpful to just spend the time there mulling over life choices. Still fancy a drink sometimes but have been off it for 4+ years and it has made me a boring, miserable old b*****d. Life is less chaotic though.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

A lot of creeps in AA, tbh particularly men preying on women, but also a lot of good folk, just like any group of flawed people.

funny you should say that, a work colleague's wife attending at AA ran off with some other alcoholic.. 

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

funny you should say that, a work colleague's wife attending at AA ran off with some other alcoholic.. 

It’s a bit like after funerals or weddings. There’s a lot of emotion kicking about and that can turn to nookie. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It’s a bit like after funerals or weddings. There’s a lot of emotion kicking about and that can turn to nookie. 

Would it work at Gamblers' Anonymous- "I bet you're no gonna shag me the night"....

This is very petty but when all the Royal death stuff was going on, Pars put out a Tweet saying how terribly sad everyone at East End was. Not being a fan of pomp and privilege, this annoyed me. They’ve often been a bit Rangersy with military stuff too and this was a final straw for me. Not been able to find any motivation to follow them since.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

This is very petty but when all the Royal death stuff was going on, Pars put out a Tweet saying how terribly sad everyone at East End was. Not being a fan of pomp and privilege, this annoyed me. They’ve often been a bit Rangersy with military stuff too and this was a final straw for me. Not been able to find any motivation to follow them since.

Change your allegiance to Coaltown of Wemyss Red Star.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

This is very petty ...

^^^ Doing it right.

(Also, it's terrifying that people still think that enforced group behaviour isn't a bad thing, if they somehow happen to approve of the behaviour that's being enforced.)

34 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Happens all the time. Usually ends in disaster. Two alcoholics together, even if both are sober, is not always a good mix.

Queens put up a Union Jack flag* for our next home game and set it to half mast. Absolutely pathetic. I have never (thankfully) seen that flag at Palmerston in my life so someone must have went out and purchased the fucking thing. It's never appeared since either.

*Whatever the f**k it's official name is.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

My favourite moment of that entire debacle was the guy tweeting a response to Aldi's official tweet of 'everyone at Aldi is sadden/expresses condolences' etc etc

He tweeted them directly with something along the lines of 'What a load of shite. I just asked Janosz on the checkout in your Musselburgh branch and he says he couldn't give a f**k'.

15 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

My favourite moment of that entire debacle was the guy tweeting a response to Aldi's official tweet of 'everyone at Aldi is sadden/expresses condolences' etc etc

He tweeted them directly with something along the lines of 'What a load of shite. I just asked Janosz on the checkout in your Musselburgh branch and he says he couldn't give a f**k'.

Exactly. If they’d posted the results of a scientific poll of all the club staff, players and directors and every single person had sworn they were “deeply saddened” then fair enough. 

13 hours ago, Shotgun said:

A few days ago I got a lecture from an American about how I “should” show more respect for Deid Liz. As he put it “She’s your Queen!”

Uhm, no. She isn’t. 

Being 250 years behind in his rent isn't respectful..