Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Did they find all the marbles you stuck up there?

Camera right up to the bladder, fuckin painful, got the immediate clear - phew !

She then askedif I had ever had a prostate check..........................

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Not going to take sedative as need to drive later,just getting the throat spray

All the best. Had one a few years ago and wasn’t given any option, light sedation and bring someone to drive you home. 

18 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Not going to take sedative as need to drive later,just getting the throat spray

I had the throat spray one a few months back, it was absolutely fine, and I also let out a ripper of a burp in the middle of it.

I was nervous beforehand, until I was sitting in the waiting room and the lad who was clearly getting the other version walked in. Must be a shite feeling when you look round and everyone else in the waiting room still has their trousers on under their gown...

43 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

This might sound a bit kunty, but............

Sometimes when I listen to the radio in the morning, I wonder if we have the only child in the country who has gone through high school without needing some extra support for emotional scarring from covid, resultant home schooling and the stress of actually having to take exams this year.

I appreciate that people who get on the radio are invariably "the shouters" of this world, but it right gets on my tits.

I think the combination of the media's obsession with Covid + mental health awareness (not in isolation a bad thing) has given many adults a handy excuse to deflect from their own flaws. Rather than doing something about a situation themselves, it is inevitably something bad that has been done to them. A self-pity charter that millions currently swear by in 2022. 

Children easily pick up on the social signals around them, so it's no surprise that many view the world of school disruption and exams in the same way. The ones that show a degree of resilience should do even better for having that trait, as their peers will have to recover from the harm caused by society's irresponsible excuse culture. 

News reports that emergency services "raced to the scene" of an accident.

Surely their first priority should be in getting there as soon as possible, not indulging in childish competitions to see who does it first?

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Every time the media refer to the transfer window ending they have to say "slams shut". Why can't they just say close, or end.

Honest to f**k, every time.

You should listen to the Football Cliches podcast which is absolutely hilarious and full of stuff like this

46 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I had the throat spray one a few months back, it was absolutely fine, and I also let out a ripper of a burp in the middle of it.

I was nervous beforehand, until I was sitting in the waiting room and the lad who was clearly getting the other version walked in. Must be a shite feeling when you look round and everyone else in the waiting room still has their trousers on under their gown...

There's a variation on Billy Connolly's 'wire brush & Dettol' punchline here somewhere.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Wrath of Khan is on the week after - tickets booked!

Ah, excellent! That would look great on a cinema screen, especially the scenes where the two ships are hunting each other through the mad space mist near the end. Also it will sound brilliant in a cinema. The aforementioned scene has some great audio, but of course one scene in particular will be tremendous in a cinema:

star trek spock GIF

Edited by DA Baracus

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Ah, excellent! That would look great on a cinema screen, especially the scenes where the two ships are hunting each other through the mad space mist near the end. Also it will sound brilliant too in a cinema. The aforementioned scene has some great audio, but of course one scene in particular will be tremendous in a cinema:

Reveal hidden contents

star trek spock GIF

I cannot wait. It's on at the cinema on my birthday, so as far as the wife is concerned all is good and she doesn't need to bother with us going for a meal or anything. Which is true.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I cannot wait. It's on at the cinema on my birthday, so as far as the wife is concerned all is good and she doesn't need to bother with us going for a meal or anything. Which is true.

Star Trek Spock GIF

5 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Found out yesterday the storage heater isn't actually wired into anything 🙄

It's going be a cold winter.

How much roughly will it cost to get it fixed.  If it's over £400 and you're within 5 days of getting in you can claim against the seller to get it repaired.

https://cameronstephen.co.uk/edinburgh-first-time-buyers/buyers-guide-2/once-you-have-completed-the-purchase/

I'm tempted to go to this Star Trek thing now, but slightly concerned that @scottsdad will realise think that I'm stalking him.

10 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Found out yesterday the storage heater isn't actually wired into anything 🙄

It's going be a cold winter.

Well, on the plus side, that saves you from the temptation of actually turning the heating on at any point.

Just now, BFTD said:

I'm tempted to go to this Star Trek thing now, but slightly concerned that @scottsdad will realise think that I'm stalking him.

Cineworld in Falkirk, and you'd be welcome to come along. I'm taking Scott to both.

They are also doing ET and Jaws in the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Cineworld in Falkirk, and you'd be welcome to come along. I'm taking Scott to both.

They are also doing ET and Jaws in the next few weeks.

I saw Jaws with the wean at Vue a while back - it was my favourite film when I was little, and the same for him. Also caught a double-bill of Alien/Aliens recently too. I'd never seen any of them on the big screen, and it's always a surprise how much different the experience is.

Any idea if they're planning to reissue all the Star Trek films in the cinema?

Just now, BFTD said:

I saw Jaws with the wean at Vue a while back - it was my favourite film when I was little, and the same for him. Also caught a double-bill of Alien/Aliens recently too. I'd never seen any of them on the big screen, and it's always a surprise how much different the experience is.

Any idea if they're planning to reissue all the Star Trek films in the cinema?

Just the first two, I think.

And a Top Gun/Top Gun Maverick double bill.