Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'd forgotten how the production department were always so desperate to revolutionise the crew uniforms in the Star Trek films. The cheapo ones from the TV shows always looked better, but they couldn't just touch them up and bit and leave it at that.

Presumably they were trying to attract a whole new audience of fashionistas with cutting-edge style like this:

3127.jpg?width=620&quality=85&fit=max&s=

Even as a kid,  I always thought the latter one was quite smart.

G91eQrs8kt05cctFgBTfkrMkKEXe9ZN1kFRk2ysJTj4.jpg.c0912dcc963264fc4b8df74f072604b1.jpg

Not quite something I'd wear down the street though

Spock's California attire however...

398956537_Spock_and_Kirk_1986.thumb.jpg.bb77c37d2eab4d3a3627a319d1ff4690.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'd forgotten how the production department were always so desperate to revolutionise the crew uniforms in the Star Trek films. The cheapo ones from the TV shows always looked better, but they couldn't just touch them up and bit and leave it at that.

Presumably they were trying to attract a whole new audience of fashionistas with cutting-edge style like this:

3127.jpg?width=620&quality=85&fit=max&s=

I quite like Bones' shirt tbf

Really not petty at all, but Excel (Win11 anyway) treating zoom in / zoom out as something that the undo button remembers.

i.e. if you mistype something and then zoom out 5 times, you need to hit the undo button six f***ing times to undo the mistype. 

Utter lunacy.  Whichever user group allowed that to get through should be lined up against a wall in front of a firing squad.

8 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^ 5 hours of bad Star Trek ?

You fvcking masochist.

As a young geek I sat through a marathon showing of Star Trek 1-2-3 and the recently released 4 at the Odeon in Clerk Street.

Still have the ticket- it cost a fiver to see all 4.

8 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Adults holding their nose with their fingers when they jump into a pool. How do you not know how to hold your breath.

Could just be me, but holding my breath doesn't stop water shooting up my nose into my sinuses when entering at force. It's not pleasant.

If they're jumping into the shallow end then, yeah, that's a bit odd. Maybe they hold their nose getting in to the bath.

This might sound a bit kunty, but............

Sometimes when I listen to the radio in the morning, I wonder if we have the only child in the country who has gone through high school without needing some extra support for emotional scarring from covid, resultant home schooling and the stress of actually having to take exams this year.

I appreciate that people who get on the radio are invariably "the shouters" of this world, but it right gets on my tits.

Edited by Leith Green

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye it's pretty dull. Shame it isn't The Wrath of Khan. That's tremendous. Even better if they also had the two that follow to round off the story.

Wrath of Khan is on the week after - tickets booked!

My mind is exploding with inappropriate comments.

They'll give you all the good drugs, Keef. Hopefully you'll get to watch on the monitor, as that helps take your mind off it.

19 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Currently waiting in Forth Valley Hospital to get an Endoscopy,not looking forward to it 

Hope it goes ok.

Could be worse, a few years ago I had the one up the japs eye..........................