Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

Since Monday night's impressive thunderstorm, our back yard has had the distinct (and strong) smell of semen.

To my knowledge, no linden trees have mysteriously appeared.

My favourite M&W moment

Picked up the new car yesterday. It is great. 
However, when I collected it, there was no fuel in it. Not a single bar on the gauge. As soon as I turned the key I got a low fuel warning. 
Having just spent a decent amount of money on the car, you'd think the dealership would stick even a fiver in. But no. 
Coincidentally there was a petrol station attached to the garage I had just enough petrol to get to. 
Twice now I have bought cars west of Harthill services, both times ended up with wee annoyances. Never again. 

Works both ways tbf. My car went back the other week and the instructions were that there only had to be enough fuel left in it to reach the nearest filling station.

The last car i bought from a dealer actually had 'full tank of fuel - £90' as one of the items on the bill when I paid.  I had always assumed buying a car from a dealer meant they'd at least fill the fucking tank for you free of charge, seeing as you're giving them thousands of pounds for a piece of overpriced metal and other solid materials that cost them half the price I was paying for it.

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:

My job means I drive multiple vehicles during every shift. Very annoying when you try to change channel on the radio and find the same station stored on multiple preset buttons.

You're a car thief?

13 hours ago, peasy23 said:

My job means I drive multiple vehicles during every shift. Very annoying when you try to change channel on the radio and find the same station stored on multiple preset buttons.

When I worked for Stirling Council in the 90s (summer job in the roads department), the vans were always set to Radio 1. Someone was a fan of Mark and Lard and always set the vans to listen to them. If you're too young to know who they were, they were shite DJ's who said "right" every third or fourth word. 

So when I got the van, at the end of the day I switched and set every station to Radio 3.  Takes less than a minute. 

When I worked for Stirling Council in the 90s (summer job in the roads department), the vans were always set to Radio 1. Someone was a fan of Mark and Lard and always set the vans to listen to them. If you're too young to know who they were, they were shite DJ's who said "right" every third or fourth word. 
So when I got the van, at the end of the day I switched and set every station to Radio 3.  Takes less than a minute. 
Stop...

30 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Arsehole parents so lazy they drive their bairns to school rather than walk the 5 minutes.

My colleague was taking his bairns to school yesterday (first day back for Dundee schools - so was allowed a late start) and when I was on my way to get him I seen a wee laddie walking to school - about 7 or 8 I'd guess - alone.

No mates, no parents.

Fucking heartbreaking.

Spoiler

Unless he's a wee dick in that case I hope he stood in white dog poo.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

My colleague was taking his bairns to school yesterday (first day back for Dundee schools - so was allowed a late start) and when I was on my way to get him I seen a wee laddie walking to school - about 7 or 8 I'd guess - alone.

No mates, no parents.

Fucking heartbreaking.

Used to be standard in my day, walk to school on your own and with your mates on the way back. Think I was about 6 when I got fed up waiting for my Mum to collect me so walked home on my own and carried on after that.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Stop...

...carry on.

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Thin ice, mate.