Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Our neighbours have chickens. Whenever we try to sleep with the window open, these things start their pish at 4 am. Very annoying, just so that she can have a few free eggs or whatever she does with them. 

You can apply to Court for something called an "annoying creatures petition":

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rules-and-practice/forms/criminal-procedure-forms/annoying-creatures

Hens eat a lot of slugs though and hen poo is good for the plants if you're a gardener. 

I seen a video where the guy answers his door to them countering what they have with other door knockers tripe. 
If a salesman comes to the door asking if he has double glazing he replies with "are you ready to let the lord Jesus Christ our saviour save your soul?" and the other way round. 
Seems a decent tactic, tbh.
I used to sell stuff over the phone and got no end of "witty" responses. One time a chap said "How about you give me your number and I'll phone you up when you're having your dinner." I gave him my genuine number and asked what we were going to chat about. Shitebag never followed through.

It was a horrible job but I was actually pretty good at it. Middle-class home counties housewives were the easiest to sell to. Worst shift was when the data we had turned out to be from a children's book club and I spent all day phoning folk up asking to speak to seven year old girls.

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Worst shift was when the data we had turned out to be from a children's book club and I spent all day phoning folk up asking to speak to seven year old girls.

Blackadder to Darling:

”How lucky you are that your job is also your hobby."

23 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I used to sell stuff over the phone and got no end of "witty" responses. One time a chap said "How about you give me your number and I'll phone you up when you're having your dinner." I gave him my genuine number and asked what we were going to chat about. Shitebag never followed through.

It was a horrible job but I was actually pretty good at it. Middle-class home counties housewives were the easiest to sell to. Worst shift was when the data we had turned out to be from a children's book club and I spent all day phoning folk up asking to speak to seven year old girls.

You have previous experience with that?

8 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Had the Koln v Schalke game on tv while i've been busy around the house late this afternoon. 

Needless to say I've missed a disallowed goal, 4 goals and a red card. Happens every time

Probably for the best after yesterday.

The English media. Apparently only the officials denied the English team a medal.

England denied dramatic relay gold by disqualification

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/62460335

England were denied a dramatic 4x400m Commonwealth relay gold after officials ruled they committed a lane infringement before anchor Jessie Knight edged the tightest of finishes.

How about "The England team broke the rules and were disqualified"?

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Having a pain somewhere in the middle of my chest. I think I've irritated my windpipe somehow, but hard to tell. My left arm still has feeling thankfully.

So your sex life not affected then.