Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The endless news articles popping up everywhere claiming that England's Euro victory will empower and emancipate women, break down barriers, inspire girls etc etc

Given that contrary to impressions this is far from the first time an all-female team has won an international tournament, surely there must be plenty of evidence resulting from previous tournament victories if this 'legacy' is anything tangible and not just a load of hot air and wishful thinking.

We've established that the ridiculous amount of money wasted on the 2012 Olympic vanity project led to no meaningful legacy whatsoever, so I'm not holding my breath.

12 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Direct Cremations TV advert.

Michael always loved the sea and fishing.........

and the music is Wild Mountain Thyme

Both my in laws had direct cremations,we don't agree with it but it was their wishes.My father in laws reasoning was i am not paying for sausage rolls for people i don't like.

12 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Direct Cremations TV advert.

Michael always loved the sea and fishing.........

and the music is Wild Mountain Thyme

Surely Michael would have been better off going through Direct Sea Burials then.

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Both my in laws had direct cremations,we don't agree with it but it was their wishes.My father in laws reasoning was i am not paying for sausage rolls for people i don't like.

I'm doing the same. I can't stand funerals, not because they obviously mark a sombre occasion, but because I find them needlessly macabre and utterly pointless if you are not religious. Even as an atheist I find Humanist ceremonies completely ridiculous. Some random who never met you standing waxing lyrical about your life, while a load of folk who are bored shitless and just want to get to the wake to get pished have to sit and listen on. f**k that. I'm dead, couldn't care less what you do with me, so if you really want to dress in black and get hammered just stick your coat on and go to the pub. You don't need to wait for some arsehole to die to give you an excuse.

32 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm doing the same. I can't stand funerals, not because they obviously mark a sombre occasion, but because I find them needlessly macabre and utterly pointless if you are not religious. Even as an atheist I find Humanist ceremonies completely ridiculous. Some random who never met you standing waxing lyrical about your life, while a load of folk who are bored shitless and just want to get to the wake to get pished have to sit and listen on. f**k that. I'm dead, couldn't care less what you do with me, so if you really want to dress in black and get hammered just stick your coat on and go to the pub. You don't need to wait for some arsehole to die to give you an excuse.

Eloquent, poetic and honest.

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That's an option? 

Fucking yes. He and I would have agreed. 

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Surely Michael would have been better off going through Direct Sea Burials then.

In rural Ireland they often did get pissed and would take the dearly departed with them 

Who would inevitably get left in a pub while the lads staggered to the next one

Distinct lack of closure for your nearest and dearest.
I'm an atheist but being at a Humanist bash was awful compared to the usual set up.

5 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Distinct lack of closure for your nearest and dearest.
I'm an atheist but being at a Humanist bash was awful compared to the usual set up.

Not sure how being at a religious ceremony when you're an atheist would give you any more closure than a humanist ceremony but each to their own.

On 01/08/2022 at 20:18, Wokesoft said:

I’ve a new script ready for proof reading. Send me a DM if you want a read. It won’t disappoint. 😉 
Based around an Aberdeen fan who down on his luck in lockdown delves into the speculative world of cryptocurrency. Becomes a Bitcoin billionaire and lives out his sexual fantasies. 🐑 There are many characters in the plot based on some of the idiots on here. Coming to Amazon in time for Christmas. 
Send me a DM if you want a read. It won’t disappoint.

@Mrs Mullarkay?

Not sure how being at a religious ceremony when you're an atheist would give you any more closure than a humanist ceremony but each to their own.
No idea either. Perhaps the fact the body wasn't actually there at the Humanist bash.
Really can't say for sure why I felt that way but I wasn't the only one to comment on it.

Dragshed wankers on the A9.
What's a dragshed?

My PTTGOMY is folk who stand up and move to the express on a bus/train five minutes before it reaches the terminus. A large amount of them tend to then dawdle about the station not knowing where they want to go.

20 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Not   petty, but that poor kid Archie Battersea body is literally rotting away in a hospital bed while some Christan mob use his situation for their own gain. 

The mother needs a shake. Understand why she is refusing to accept her kid is gone but the whole thing is fairly horrific. 

Kid found with ligature round neck - she blames tik tok

Kid has no brain function and by all purposes starting to decay internally. 

She's calling the doctors and nurses executioners for wanting to let him go. 

She isn't preserving his life she is prolonging his death

46 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

The mother needs a shake. Understand why she is refusing to accept her kid is gone but the whole thing is fairly horrific. 

Kid found with ligature round neck - she blames tik tok

Kid has no brain function and by all purposes starting to decay internally. 

She's calling the doctors and nurses executioners for wanting to let him go. 

She isn't preserving his life she is prolonging his death

There's quite a, dunno, distasteful picture of the wee kid flexing his muscles in mirror with mum in it. 

It's every parents nightmare to loose a child but the story doesn't add up and her comments about the doctors and nurses are disrespectful and immflamatory. Obviously the NHS is bound by patient confidentiality so can't go in front of cameras to rebutt.

Edited by RH33

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

What's a dragshed?

My PTTGOMY is folk who stand up and move to the express on a bus/train five minutes before it reaches the terminus. A large amount of them tend to then dawdle about the station not knowing where they want to go.

Bus stations in particular appear to a magnet for weirdos. Some folk seem to think that hanging around such places makes them irresistible to women. 

Google changing the name of the "Google Pay" app to "Wallet" and removing it from the Google folder on my phone, leaving me standing like an arse at the self checkout frantically trying to find it to pay for my messages.

I had, ironically I suppose, left my actual wallet in the car.