Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

What happened to St Mirren?

They won, beating FC Embarrassing Franchise in the League Cup 

But the Ghost in the Machine (Jim McLean) decided the win wasn't good enough and kept the servers in after the match

16 hours ago, throbber said:

I suppose youngsters in the U.K. were exposed to americanisms 20+ years ago with such easy access to American tv programmes. It’s still bloody murder to hear.  

It’s YouTube. A few years back I heard the bairn calling a handle a lever (pronounced levver). Asked where she heard that it was from that obnoxious Stampy Cat c**t on YouTube. He’s not even American but pronounces everything in Americanese because he’s a fucking c**t presumably.

I'm late to the toilet chat but if you've never experienced having a shite in Japan, I'd urge you to book a trip today.

A heated seat. 

Music to disguise any embarrassing noises.

Warm water fired at your hoop that you can change the pressure of.

If you are a lady the same experience for your front.

Screenshot_20220724-084457~2.png

Re: the toilets playing music.

If the Japanese are that bothered about other people hearing their skitters hit the pan, why wouldn't they just have piped music playing throughout the whole bathroom, rather than each individual lavvy playing its own tune and conflicting with each other?

Also, the clips of Japanese toilets always show them playing J-Pop, which doesn't strike me as terribly effective at covering up the sound of explosive farts. Why not pipe in these lads?

On 19/07/2022 at 13:29, HK Hibee said:

vent diagram

Getting mathematics wrong is a PTTGOMN.

I was in an absolute meltdown yesterday, listening to those two on Radio Scotland needing numbers explained to them. If Jane Lewis replaced every “eh” with a second of thinking she might be able to work out that 10 is greater than 9.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Re: the toilets playing music.

If the Japanese are that bothered about other people hearing their skitters hit the pan, why wouldn't they just have piped music playing throughout the whole bathroom, rather than each individual lavvy playing its own tune and conflicting with each other?

Also, the clips of Japanese toilets always show them playing J-Pop, which doesn't strike me as terribly effective at covering up the sound of explosive farts. Why not pipe in these lads?

Ideal toilet music below...

Pedantic staff preventing you accessing the booze lanes in Tesco and Asda in Falkirk prior to 10am.  You are not buying the alcohol until you reach the checkout so why do they prevent you from putting it in your trolley/basket prior to that time?   Staff quote it is against the Licensing Act but I don't know. In Lidl and Aldi you can walk past the booze without any issue.

Anyone know if this is against the Act?

1 hour ago, ParsJake said:

Ideal toilet music below...

That is tremendous!  :lol:

The high-pitched squeaker that comes in about halfway through just puts the cherry on top. Grindcore truly is a universal language.

5 minutes ago, Crazy Days said:

Pedantic staff preventing you accessing the booze lanes in Tesco and Asda in Falkirk prior to 10am.  You are not buying the alcohol until you reach the checkout so why do they prevent you from putting it in your trolley/basket prior to that time?   Staff quote it is against the Licensing Act but I don't know. In Lidl and Aldi you can walk past the booze without any issue.

I'm going with, "because they've been told to", and they work in an environment where they're constantly on CCTV.

It's amazing what arsehole managers will pick you up on in retail.

5 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

I'm late to the toilet chat but if you've never experienced having a shite in Japan, I'd urge you to book a trip today.

A heated seat. 

Music to disguise any embarrassing noises.

Warm water fired at your hoop that you can change the pressure of.

If you are a lady the same experience for your front.

Screenshot_20220724-084457~2.png

^^^ previous user of the bog was a 20 stone boy who spent an hour working his way through the Tokyo Times crossword. There's yer heated seat.

8 minutes ago, Crazy Days said:

It isn't, although you could argue that the very act of wanting Alcohol is breaching one of the 5 Licensing conditions. In Scottish Retail Law, there are 3 steps, The Invation to treat; eg the product being in place with a price, Formation of the contract & then Acceptilation of the Contract. Putting something out for sale means nothing until you attempt to purchase, the person(s) must then resile the contract on the grounds of frustration because the Licensing Laws forbid it.

21 minutes ago, Crazy Days said:

What did you do to annoy marshy btw?

26 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm going with, "because they've been told to", and they work in an environment where they're constantly on CCTV.

It's amazing what arsehole managers will pick you up on in retail.

This is what some people describe as "jobsworths" as in "That's more than my job's worth."

But if you take that to mean "I don't have the authority to let you do that, and if I do I would be subject to disciplinary action up to and including being sacked" it doesn't sound so petty, does it?

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

This is what some people describe as "jobsworths" as in "That's more than my job's worth."

But if you take that to mean "I don't have the authority to let you do that, and if I do I would be subject to disciplinary action up to and including being sacked" it doesn't sound so petty, does it?

It is indeed not petty, I lost a job because I was off sick after attempting to kill myself due to a trumped up incident & the CCTV footage was doctored to suit their narrative. The person responsible who made the false allegation & who was actually to blame then sidled into my role. The day I got the boot was one of the best days of my life because I was finally free of their toxic shit.

48 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Yeah, it should really be used to describe folk who get personal satisfaction about enforcing rules that nobody else cares about, but loads of people end up having to apply bullshit that their managers consider important, and we're not all in the position of being able to tell them to stick it up their arse.

It's deeply satisfying when you can, though  :D

40 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

It is indeed not petty, I lost a job because I was off sick after attempting to kill myself due to a trumped up incident & the CCTV footage was doctored to suit their narrative. The person responsible who made the false allegation & who was actually to blame then sidled into my role. The day I got the boot was one of the best days of my life because I was finally free of their toxic shit.

Holy crap m9  :mellow:

It shouldn't be, but it's always a shock to realise just how many people have seriously contemplated/attempted suicide.