Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Did the previous houseowner take the bins with them? Seems a bit grippy. 

Nah, some people opt to just have the colour coordinated bin bags instead as you need walk the bins up a set steps be collected and they said previous owners probably were on bin bag collection.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I had this when my bins were being stolen and set fire to. I contacted my councillor and said it was ridiculous that I was being punished for being the victim of antisocial behaviour. 

Got a new one pretty quick once he got involved - and a £10 bike chain has prevented further theft. 

So...email the local councillor saying this is ridiculous as you're not the one who lost the bins in the first place. Highlight the cost of living issues, and mention that without these bins you may end up having no choice but to fly tip. One of these buttons will work on the local officials. 

Apparently you report it to the police, give council a crime number and they're replaced for free.

39 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Apparently you report it to the police, give council a crime number and they're replaced for free.

There’s a BBC mini-drama series in there somewhere.  “The Bin Squad”.

Other (better) suggestions welcome.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I am also experiencing that with my New Balance.

I had to buy New Balance when I was at school about thirty years ago, as they were the only trainers available in my size at the only shop in the area that stocked anything over size twelve.

They were utter shite, and the soles would come unglued after about a year. Thank God for the internet.

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s a BBC mini-drama series in there somewhere.  “The Bin Squad”.

Other (better) suggestions welcome.

What the previous householder would have been as he took them away

Bin Laden

35 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It doesn't matter how you say it, people who put milk in coffee should be transported to Antartcica

Black as coal in the morning and then another with milk* in the afternoon = doing it correctly. It's not an either/or choice. 

* A Greek-style frappé during the past few weeks' weather; capuccino otherwise.