Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

26 minutes ago, throbber said:

William hill shafting me out of a free bet 

Have you been winning with them recently, or was it just that their offer was an "error" when published.

Bookies are like insurance companies, with a default starting point of how they can avoid paying out.

1 minute ago, hearthammer said:

Have you been winning with them recently, or was it just that their offer was an "error" when published.

Bookies are like insurance companies, with a default starting point of how they can avoid paying out.

I have had a few wee wins but nothing major - I do the scratch of the day every day and yesterday’s offer was bet £5 on England Spain #your odds and you get a £2 free bet but befor the game kicked off I realised I had a £2 free bet available anyway which I used on a bet which won £8 and I put £5 of those winnings on the England game but didn’t get a free bet. They are trying to say that the £2 free but I used earlier that day was the one I got from the offer but it couldn’t have been as I put it on before betting on the England Spain game.

16 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Speaking of toilets, the Italians are way ahead of anyone with their flush system operated by peddle. Such a simple, but genius idea.

The Egyptians have a narrow copper pipe pointing up at your ring piece from below which squirts water, leaving your anus as clean and fresh as a rosebud.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I have had a few wee wins but nothing major - I do the scratch of the day every day and yesterday’s offer was bet £5 on England Spain #your odds and you get a £2 free bet but befor the game kicked off I realised I had a £2 free bet available anyway which I used on a bet which won £8 and I put £5 of those winnings on the England game but didn’t get a free bet. They are trying to say that the £2 free but I used earlier that day was the one I got from the offer but it couldn’t have been as I put it on before betting on the England Spain game.

There's the issue, their small print will contain caveats where they control and call all the shots.  Despite you being correct, they're just a shower of bassas.

Haven't had any problems with Paddy Power, but then again, i rarely win.

On 18/07/2022 at 02:18, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Pronouncing the letter H as haitch. 
Calling latte a latty.

But calling a sandwich a “sangwich” is on a par with human trafficking.

How do you pronounce it? 

And I agree with the second one. Sang-meedge is the correct pronunciation.

While viewing and measuring for carpets at the house I'm buying I noticed there were no bins.

Called the council yesterday and asked if some could be delivered, £51 per wheelie bin. £153 for the collection as for some reason parts of Erskine don't get a garden bin.

I'll start with a grey bin and save up for another one.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

While viewing and measuring for carpets at the house I'm buying I noticed there were no bins.

Called the council yesterday and asked if some could be delivered, £51 per wheelie bin. £153 for the collection as for some reason parts of Erskine don't get a garden bin.

That's a bit rubbish.

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

When I bought my last house the lassie selling it was wanting 80 quid off me on the day we moved in as she'd just realised that she had to buy all the bins when she moved in so "only fair I pay half". Aye jog on hen , I've just bought a house off you I'm no paying extra for your mocket bins. 

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

I had this when my bins were being stolen and set fire to. I contacted my councillor and said it was ridiculous that I was being punished for being the victim of antisocial behaviour. 

Got a new one pretty quick once he got involved - and a £10 bike chain has prevented further theft. 

So...email the local councillor saying this is ridiculous as you're not the one who lost the bins in the first place. Highlight the cost of living issues, and mention that without these bins you may end up having no choice but to fly tip. One of these buttons will work on the local officials. 

4 hours ago, RH33 said:

Did the previous houseowner take the bins with them? Seems a bit grippy. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I had this when my bins were being stolen and set fire to.

We had that once - our bin goes out on a different street from the house, so I came round to fetch it and it took a couple of minutes to realise that the burnt slab of green goo nearby was all that was left. Pretty impressive how they reduce down.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

I look after my trainers and I try to keep them clean, repair them when damaged and they are in good condition. Problem I've found especially with New Balance trainers is the glue that holds the sole to the main foot part of the trainer and the hardwearing part of the sole that has the grips starts to come away, regardless of how much use you put them through. The glue they use in the manufacturing seems to deteriorates with age. I repaired three pairs of trainers with rubber glue and those repaired bits are doing well but now the whole sole of one pair of trainers is coming away from the foot. What if you are a collector, that must be rage inducing?

I am also experiencing that with my New Balance.