Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The commute would be fun.

Maybe @Barry Ferguson's Hat's working in India, so the commute would be easier if he took the . . . .

3. Shatabdi Express

Shatabdi Express trains are super-fast and fully air-conditioned trains that connect major Indian cities. These are day-trains that operate between short to medium distances and make round trips on the same day itself. They have only seats (Chair Car) instead of berths. The Swarna Shatabdi Express is a luxurious variant of the Shatabdi Express trains. Currently, there are 25 pairs of trains in this series. Learn more about Shatabdi Express trains here.

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

f**k having a shit at my work.  There's some dirty b*****ds in my office.

Take control, chief. Get in early in the morning. Shite in every bog you can. If need be, snap off the turtle's head at the neck and switch cubicles at half-time (not always easy at first but you'll get the hang of it).

Let them all know who the boss is. 

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

f**k having a shit at my work.  There's some dirty b*****ds in my office.

The toilet seat at my old work was broken in June 2019 and never got fixed but it still often stank of shite so guys were going in there and shitting in a toilet that had no seat, they must have been squatting.

Just now, throbber said:

The toilet seat at my old work was broken in June 2019 and never got fixed but it still often stank of shite so guys were going in there and shitting in a toilet that had no seat, they must have been squatting.

I remember our first holiday abroad. Bulgaria in 1993. I remember going into a toilet that was a hole in the ground with two pads at either side where your feet were meant to go. 

The odd thing, of course, is that it meant stripping naked on the bottom half and squatting , and hoping that your aim is good. 

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I remember our first holiday abroad. Bulgaria in 1993. I remember going into a toilet that was a hole in the ground with two pads at either side where your feet were meant to go. 

The odd thing, of course, is that it meant stripping naked on the bottom half and squatting , and hoping that your aim is good. 

I once shat in a ferry from Koh Tao - Koh Samui and the toilet was like this:

E067827A-886A-4C71-9ED3-125F67BFE7BF.jpeg

Edited by throbber

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I once shat in a ferry from Koh Tao - Koh Samui and the toilet was like this:

3207B97B-D7F0-4473-A165-A6E7E6589FB5.webpUnavailable

I can't see the image so am painting a mental picture. 

I shat on a ferry from Hull to Zebrugge once. I'm guessing it was quite lame by comparison.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I can't see the image so am painting a mental picture. 

I shat on a ferry from Hull to Zebrugge once. I'm guessing it was quite lame by comparison.

First time didn’t work but you can see the pic now - it was a wonderful shite I had btw and I wouldn’t change it for the world.

1 minute ago, German Jag said:

Your link doesn‘t show up for me.

Worst one I‘ve been in is this one at a petrol station in Shandong in China. 

A010423D-651E-49D8-8C3A-32A00666C49B.jpeg

The pic should be working now - I had to lie back a bit to take a shite but it was the perfect angle to be positioned at and i was so comfortable.

Didn't get a pic as it was before the era of smartphones, but I went for a piss in a bar in Tijuana, only to find that the 'urinal' consisted of an upturned half clay pipe laid at a slight decline so the piss ran out through a hole in the wall and into the street. The finishing touch was the wee Mexican guy who looked like a slightly taller Tattoo from Fantasy Island, whose only purpose appeared to be to grin inanely at the patrons, and wipe up spillage with the utterly filthy mop he was clutching. There was no cubicle of any description, so presumably if you were dying for a shite you simply left the premises and went elsewhere, or chucked it in the gutter and hoped it was buoyant enough to make it out the hole. I didn't ask.

27 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Saw that in France in the early 80s. Surprisingly comfy.

Last year stopped at one of the rest areas beside a French motorway whilst the wife used the disabled loos. She came out, ashen-faced. 

"It was...a...bucket. A bucket. 3/4 full of shite and toilet paper and flies.  A bucket!" 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

That's actually supposed to be better for you than a conventional toilet pan with a seat - something to do with how it straightens out your internal passages.

9 minutes ago, GordonD said:

That's actually supposed to be better for you than a conventional toilet pan with a seat - something to do with how it straightens out your internal passages.

It's definitely better for clearing out your insides. Less messy residue for those morning after ones too.

2 hours ago, German Jag said:

Your link doesn‘t show up for me.

Worst one I‘ve been in is this one at a petrol station in Shandong in China. 

A010423D-651E-49D8-8C3A-32A00666C49B.jpeg

Pretty odd folk can go with someone at your elbow like that.

I think Britain and maybe Germany were the only countries in Europe with sit down toilets as standard until the eighties, outwith tourist resorts anyway.

Edited by welshbairn