Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Shite ratings systems.

One of the podcasts I watch on Youtube used to have a rating system of 4 stars. Just a poor system to rate things. 2 stars means it's 'half good', but only one rating above 1 star. Is 3 stars really just under the top rating?

They changed it to 5 stars a few years ago.

The Script are blasting very noisily across the Capital from the Castle tonight. Last night it was Elbow  But that's ok because it brings in money.

I remember Edinburgh Council put a noise limiter in the old City Social Club because the pensioner's bingo was too noisy let alone getting good venues like Studio 24 shut down....

Folk that post pictures of their summer houses with beer hawk machines thinking they are a cut above.

They are a fucking disgrace of a beer deliverance device.

They take so long to set up, and don't deliver anywhere near a prefect pint, so please save us from your endless photos of your manboy ganghuts with a bar.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That's because it's significantly cheaper to do than have the bags checked.

Not sure about significantly cheaper?  Anyway as there is an extra cost that is why it is a petty TTGOMN.

on long haul, with no extra cost, it is unforgivable 

48 minutes ago, HK Hibee said:

Not sure about significantly cheaper?  Anyway as there is an extra cost that is why it is a petty TTGOMN.

on long haul, with no extra cost, it is unforgivable 

Airlines are at fault here. Should have been nipped years ago. 

Women's goalkeepers are better now than men were for the first 100 years of the game where the idea seemed to be to run towards the ball before Lev Yashin invented diving. 

It should also be remembered that goalie is a position for weird maladjusted loners which are personality traits more prevalent in men. 

18 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Especially their amazing ability to go off at 3am.

Hmm yes, bit of a confession here. Long time ago (probably about 25 years) I borrowed one of the works' cars. Was living in Edinburgh at the time and parking was always an issue so the closest I could park was about 3 streets away from my flat. Returned to the car early the next day to find a note from the Police on it asking me to call them immediately. There were another couple of bits of paper but it had rained overnight and whatever had been written on them was illegible. I wasn't parked illegally so was a bit perplexed.

Drove back to my flat to use my phone (these were the pre-mobile phones days kids) and the officer told me that they'd been called out multiple times during the night as the car alarm kept going off. But they couldn't contact anyone to turn it off or move it because the car was registered to the Government and therefore there were no contact details. So they just had to placate some very angry, tired residents and I was "strongly encouraged" to never park in that street again as they suggested my car might be set upon!

I found out later that the battery was faulty and it was causing the alarm to go off randomly. I apologise.

36 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Especially their amazing ability to go off at 3am.

And when they sound for twenty seconds, then stop - and go off again thirty seconds later. And again and again...

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

And when they sound for twenty seconds, then stop - and go off again thirty seconds later. And again and again...

I refer the Right Honourable Gentleman to my earlier response.

It seems to be posh cars (BMW etc) that have the most sensitive alarms 

A good thunderstorm set one or two off in my street last summer. My scruffy Dacia is sitting there in silence while the Audi and BMW parked nearby are blaring away

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

Hmm yes, bit of a confession here. Long time ago (probably about 25 years) I borrowed one of the works' cars. Was living in Edinburgh at the time and parking was always an issue so the closest I could park was about 3 streets away from my flat. Returned to the car early the next day to find a note from the Police on it asking me to call them immediately. There were another couple of bits of paper but it had rained overnight and whatever had been written on them was illegible. I wasn't parked illegally so was a bit perplexed.

Drove back to my flat to use my phone (these were the pre-mobile phones days kids) and the officer told me that they'd been called out multiple times during the night as the car alarm kept going off. But they couldn't contact anyone to turn it off or move it because the car was registered to the Government and therefore there were no contact details. So they just had to placate some very angry, tired residents and I was "strongly encouraged" to never park in that street again as they suggested my car might be set upon!

I found out later that the battery was faulty and it was causing the alarm to go off randomly. I apologise.

And now you live in Australia with a new identity

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It seems to be posh cars (BMW etc) that have the most sensitive alarms 

A good thunderstorm set one or two off in my street last summer. My scruffy Dacia is sitting there in silence while the Audi and BMW parked nearby are blaring away

The posh cars are probably reacting to being parked near a heap of shit like a Dacia. "Must belong to a visitor - the people round here don't drive things like that!"

I've no recollection of getting home last night . The last thing I remember is taking shots in a bar with some Asian lads. Then, nothing. 

Wife found me outside unable to locate the keys in my pocket whilst slumped against the door. 

Just now, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Americans saying the word herbs, how they get uuurbs from those letters, it starts with an H ffs.

They also use the word as a man's name, and pronounce it properly, eg Herb Dean, the UFC ref, and Herb Powell, brother of Homer Simpson