Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

30 minutes ago, Empty It said:
14 hours ago, johnnydun said:
I used to buy and sell cars on gumtree.
It's a fuckin nightmare trading online.

"I'll give you £200, a PS4 and 2 mountain bikes for it m8?????"

"Will you exchange it for my Renault Megane? It has no tax and only needs a new exhaust for MOT"

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Was that the Turbo Charged Double Ender Mk III, one careful owner, some wear and tear, signs of soiling?

Christ, imagine who the previous owner would have to have been to raise that kind of cash.

10 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

My in-laws have moved from Seattle to Arizona and have done nothing but complain about the heat since they got there. Who would have thought Arizona would be hot in the summer?

"But it's a dry heat"

I went for a six mile walk over there once. I made it a mile and a half, collapsed with heatstroke, and spent several days horizontal having fever dreams.

51 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

My in-laws have moved from Seattle to Arizona and have done nothing but complain about the heat since they got there. Who would have thought Arizona would be hot in the summer?

I met a guy from Phoenix who told me the heat didn't bother him, he had air conditioning in his garages at home and at work, and naturally in his home and car.

16 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Dundee is full of golf c***s.

A few years ago the train i was on from Kirkcaldy to Aberdeen picked up a load of shitfaced golf watching people at leuchars. They got off at Dundee after realising it was the opposite way from their hotel in Embra and that there were no more trains. 

I hope the people of Dundee were hospitable. 

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Im lost. Who's selling what now and does anyone want to buy a stash of empty clipper lighters? 

No but i'll sell you half a tin of refill gas i've had in the garage since i stopped smoking ten years ago 

I love watching golf, but agree that there is a significant number of fans of the sport that are insufferable cretins.

Golfers as well. I don't play, so not guilty by non-association on that front at least. 

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Im lost. Who's selling what now and does anyone want to buy a stash of empty clipper lighters? 

Some years ago, as i recall, some guy advertised "50 cigarette lighters" for sale on Ebay.  A willing buyer sent the requested £30 and received . . . . . . . .  . . .

image.jpeg.11e3363302eb9ec2c8d7490a034a3fd3.jpeg

15 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

The wife’s started with a tiny little crack but left over time, it’s now developed into something massive.

I’ve booked her in for Thursday.

See the source image

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I met a guy from Phoenix who told me the heat didn't bother him, he had air conditioning in his garages at home and at work, and naturally in his home and car.

Aye they've got AC in the house and car, but still moaning about the heat. I just don't know why they're surprised at the temperature.

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

When did ATMs start getting so aggressive? 3 tinea yesterday I was asked if I wanted to see an on screen balance before taking money out.

I get asked if I'm using cash to help with the cost of living crisis...