Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

A few months later someone showed up with an empty van and told the security guard he was there to collect all the old computers. The guard actually helped the guy load up the van with computers and then waved him away. Needless to say, he just helped rob the place where he worked. They didn't even sack him, just gave him a warning. 

I'm sure there was a poster on here who used to do that in pubs, only with the TV's. Collect them to repair them and repaired them straight onto eBay.

Daft c**t of a postie has left an expensive parcel on my doortstep, instead of the clearly designated safe place to put my mail if me or my partner aren’t in. Even took a photo of it and put that as “proof of delivery”. Phoned them up and told them if it’s not there when I’m home from work a claim and a complaint is coming there way. Even if it is there I’ll be doing the same thing; f**k them.

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

A few months later someone showed up with an empty van and told the security guard he was there to collect all the old computers. The guard actually helped the guy load up the van with computers and then waved him away. Needless to say, he just helped rob the place where he worked. They didn't even sack him, just gave him a warning. 

Heard something like that before...

Ah, yes.

Derry Girls.jpg

25 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Daft c**t of a postie has left an expensive parcel on my doortstep, instead of the clearly designated safe place to put my mail if me or my partner aren’t in. Even took a photo of it and put that as “proof of delivery”. Phoned them up and told them if it’s not there when I’m home from work a claim and a complaint is coming there way. Even if it is there I’ll be doing the same thing; f**k them.

Stick your address on here and pop round and nick it for you.  Is it anything good?

34 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I remember back in 2001, I went to work at the Daresbury laboratory for a few days. There was an on-site hostel. To get from  the hostel to the lab you had to go through a metal gate. In response to 9/11 the security guards locked the gate, meaning I had to walk out to the road and in the main entrance (an extra 30 seconds walk). 

I had a Saturday job in Woolies back in the late 70s.  One day me and one of my colleagues helped a guy load one of those big all-in-one stereo units with cabinet into his car.  He gave us a tip too.  Of course, he could afford to. 

Didn't even get a warning for that.  

Mate in Dundee got together with my BiL and walked into the Wellgate Centre wearing Hi-Viz and pushing a trolley, nicked a 20ft palm tree. Walked straight out the front doors - assisted by security to get it through - then pushed it the 3 miles to his flat in Menzieshill where he put it in the communal stairwell. 

It promptly died of boredom and lack of sunlight, being the most intelligent thing in Menzieshill. 

Edited by Newbornbairn

10 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Mate in Dundee got together with my BiL and walked into the Wellgate Centre wearing Hi-Viz and pushing a trolley, nicked a 20ft palm tree. Walked straight out the front doors - assisted by security to get it through - then pushed it the 3 miles to his flat in Menzieshill where he put it in the communal stairwell. 

It promptly died of boredom and lack of sunlight, being the most intelligent thing in Menzieshill. 

If this was on Would I Lie to You, it would be so implausible it would be true. 

Too many holes though. 

It's a lie. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

If this was on Would I Lie to You, would be so implausible it would be true. 

Too many holes though. 

It's a lie. 

lol - he used to nick plants to order from shopping centres and council offices.

Facebook Marketplace.

Sold one jacket today, peachy. Boy says "I'll have that" paid and sent within the hour.

Second jacket "is this waterproof?". "What does label say". "Can I give you X under the asking price" I told him no, he then said "ok many thanks" to which I sent a thumbs up and cut conversation. He's now trying his fucking hardest to renegotiate and getting nowhere but rubbered. Rocket.

17 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Fucking seagulls. Shoot every one of the c***s. Especially the 3am ones. 

I'd have thought the Mirror would've shut down the 3am Gulls column years ago.

Spoiler

I've got a couple of gulls nesting on the roof just now, one of which likes to watch me through the bathroom skylight when I visit the toilet during the night. It gets a "good guy" rating due to giving some expertly timed Frankie Howerd style "oooh!" noises.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I used to buy and sell cars on gumtree.

It's a fuckin nightmare trading online.

I preferred it nearly 20 years ago when you hat set forums for certain things and folk would email each other. Now there's a million groups with the same time wasters and WhatsApp/Telegram groups filled with guys saying "hold until the 20th?" .. Will this fit me I'm an XL in Stone Island.

die family guy GIF

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I preferred it nearly 20 years ago when you hat set forums for certain things and folk would email each other. Now there's a million groups with the same time wasters and WhatsApp/Telegram groups filled with guys saying "hold until the 20th?" .. Will this fit me I'm an XL in Stone Island.

die family guy GIF

Yeah, too many time wasters and faffing about.

The product is what it is, buy it or don't!

The use of the word "descending".

STV news tonight had the worlds greatest golfers "descending " on St Andrews and footage of TRNSMT where 140k music fans apparently "descended " on Glasgow green.

No the didn't unless they all either arrived by helicopter or parachute !

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Facebook Marketplace.

Sold one jacket today, peachy. Boy says "I'll have that" paid and sent within the hour.

Second jacket "is this waterproof?". "What does label say". "Can I give you X under the asking price" I told him no, he then said "ok many thanks" to which I sent a thumbs up and cut conversation. He's now trying his fucking hardest to renegotiate and getting nowhere but rubbered. Rocket.

I've had similar issues with vinted. "Oh, your selling a shirt for £10, would you take £4 for it??" f**k right off.